• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 3]: Stardust Crusaders (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Poor Kakyoin got labeled as a almost baby killer.
Everything he told them about the "baby" just made him look insane.
It truly sucks when you're telling the truth and no one believes you..
Damn, it's inconvenient not to remember anything outside of the dream.
All 3 of them soon realized the truth in Kakyoin's words.
With Death 13 rule, it's a good thing Kakyoin had summoned his stand before he was knocked out.
In the end he was the one to save the day.
Finally that baby got what it deserved ROFL]
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Kakyoin is such an underrated part of the team, his stand always comes in super handy when you least expect it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21:

This episode had a really good direction when it balanced the comedy with spoiler[Polnareff and his absurd wishes to the more serious moments of his sister. Of course, that Judgement Stand is not to be trusted. And what, Polnareff wants to be a manga artist?! Big dreams man.]

Anyways, it was well done. I can't wait to see next episode since he spoiler[already made another wish.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Another interesting detour.
This time thanks to spoiler[Joseph.
Seeing Avdol's dad was especially hard on Polnareff.
You find a creepy ass Aladdin lamp on the beach.
Of course you're gonna rub it.. *facepalm Polnareff*
It was amusing watching him think about his wishes.
The resurrection wish actually came true!]

Damn, but wasn't that kinda too easy?
spoiler[Of course that was a trap.
That Cameo stand sure pulled a fast of on Polnareff.]

Very interesting.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
Polnareff's stupidity is really wearing thin. "I feel so guilty about spoiler[Avdol dying] because I went off on my own, so I'm going off on my own to sulk about it." Rolling Eyes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Way to miss the point. He wasn't sulking, for Christ's sake, his spoiler[guilt over what he views as his responsibility for Advol's death made him unable to face Advol's father so he went away. He feels bad, he's not sulking.] Rolling Eyes

That was a great freakin' episode. I love how the show really makes each Stand and Stand User stand (heh) out from each other. They are constantly coming up with new, wacky - and horrendous - ways to fight our heroes.

Any time an entity offers spoiler[you a wish (or three), you know the monkey paw rule is in effect. No matter what you wish for, it's gonna come back and bite you on the ass.] In Polnareff's case, almost literally.

I thought the show did a great job of handling this. Even though Polnareff is not the sharpest rapier in the scabard, they had him spoiler[suspect right off the top that he was dealing with a Stand. Even when he made the wish to have his sister and Advol brought back to life,] you didn't get the impression that he really expected it to happen.

Now he's really screwed. He'll obviously have to spoiler[kill the monster that looks like his sister, a monster that has access to his memories. That's going to be really tough. And then god knows how the "revived" Advol is going to turn out]. Holy shit, a really interesting situation has been set up.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote
For whatever reason, justified or not, he's doing the exact same thing that caused the problem in the first place. And what happens because of his not learning that very expensive lesson (which none of them have learned, for all that)? More problems for him to feel guilty about. I wish he'd just go off on his own permanently and let the rest of them continue without him.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Everybody has their own personal favourites and non-favourites, so if that's the way you feel than it can't really be argued against.

For my money, Polnareff has become my favourite character. He routinely is used for comic relief and the others take the piss out of him. It's good there is at least one member of the group who isn't coolly effective all the time.

I feel like we've got the most insight into Polnareff. JoJo is just a cypher to me and Kakyoin isn't much more fleshed out. Don't get me wrong, I like all the lads and I love watching them together but there is a soft spot in my heart for ditzy Frenchman with his fear of grody toilets. Eh, DSFDF.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I wish Jotaro got some more character development. He's the next gen, so it's gotta happen sooner or later, I guess. They can't hang this on Joseph forever.

I think if they hadn't made such an issue out of "this is your fault because you tried to do it alone" I'd be fine with everybody doing their thing. I'd think it was stupid, but it would be ok in this universe. They kinda need to be alone now and then or the story couldn't progress. It's just that they should have let him go the first time with a "man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" send-off, and then have their paths cross at the critical moment to put someone in the line of fire. If they hadn't made out like there was some lesson to be learned from this, it wouldn't bother me that they haven't learned their lesson yet, and show no signs of ever doing so.
gedata

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
I understand why Pol did what he did, but seriously, the boys oughta keep a leash on that guy. This is the 4th time he ran into an enemy alone (others being N'Dool, Hol Horse and Enyaba)
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22:

The best part of the latest episode imo was seeing spoiler[Polnareff being trolled. I kinda fell bad for him since he was left out in the dark. Still, it was awesome seeing Avdol being alive and kicking ass with that Magician Red of his Very Happy]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Baka Polnareff got what he wished for.
No way, spoiler[Avdol wasn't dead]!?
Damn, that was a nice surprise.
At least he took care of spoiler[his zombie self]..
spoiler[Cameo challenged Avdol] to make his wishes.
spoiler[Avdol] had a different kind of wishes in mind LOL
It was very enjoyable watching him spoiler[kick Cameo's ass].
spoiler[Cameo's user sure was pathetic] when discovered..
The rest of the guys accepted spoiler[Avdol's return] as a normal thing.
That sure pissed Polnareff off LOL
Poor guy was totally out of the spoiler[Avdol] loop..
It wasn't nice they all kept such a big secret from him.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Not that I believe spoiler[Avdol is dead], even if manga readers know otherwise and laugh at my stubbornness.

Cool

I'm not sure spoiler[a submarine] is a wise expenditure, what with their track record with spoiler[destroying transportation] so far.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:47 am Reply with quote
I can't wait until next eppie to check out the spoiler[new sub.] Another great outing. spoiler["Hail 2 U!" "Hell 2 U!"] Laughing
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
I now half expect that they get to Dio's place and find a note that Dio's on a vacation in Iceland.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10