• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Phantom Thief Jeanne GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Thinking Jeanne I just got Arina Autograph today @ Anime Detour
corinthian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote
I'm generally a fan of Tanemura's work, so I might have to check this out. It sounds like a take on magical girls that smooths over some of the problems I have, like the virtually unchanged appearance after transforming, and action scenes that basically boil down to a single magic attack by the protagonist.

(also, you might want to give this another proof-read. I noticed a few typos and incomplete sentences Confused)
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Bought all the CMX volumes of this last year after running across the first volume in a used bookstore. Definitely satisfies that Magical Girl Itch I sometimes get. Although it gets a little loose with its historical accuracy* with Joan of Arc late in the series.... but I guess I'll forgive it that because it's a fun read anyway. I've tried to read Arina Tanemura's work before, but the only other one I actually liked was Full Moon, so this came as a pleasant surprise.

* Am I really complaining about historical accuracy in a magical girl series? Shocked
midori kou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote
I purchased the full series back when CMX first released it. Frankly, I thought the translation was fine. I see no other reason to actually purchase a new set.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
midori: Color pages.
Sylontack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:53 am Reply with quote
Being the massive Tanemura fan that I am (to emphasise, whenever Tanemura is brought up I tend to bring up that her work is basically the only manga I still bother myself with reading outside of specific-and-previously-read works I hold close to my heart/childhood) I will be sure to pick these releases up as I'm ashamed to say I've yet to read one of her biggest works Embarassed
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
What do they mean "Chiaki looks very bug-like"? o_O
How do you make a bishounen look like a bug?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1