• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 17

Amazing action, fantastic team work and a bundle of emotions shown by the Karasuno members. I let out roars of excitement I let out when spoiler[Azumane managed to pass Dateko's Iron Wall].
It's amazing to see the growth Kageyama has made working as apart of a team, he builds Hinata's confidence and listens to what he has to say. Compared to how they interacted when they first started Karasuno, especially Kageyama's outbursts of anger towards Hinata, they could not be if I dare to say friends.

I'm very excited to see how the rest of the match pans out, it's not going to be easy but they way they are now working as a team, I don't think they are going to loose. I'm also looking forward to Yamaguchi getting out on the court and showing off his new float serve as well as Sugawara's sets with the improved team.

Last edited by TsunaReborn! on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote
Dateko is a strong team.
Their spoiler[read block] was a challenge.
Damn, spoiler[Dateko sure perfected that block].
It seemed impossible to penetrate it.
Woohoo it was awesome to see spoiler[Karasuno] could surprise their opponent!
Now spoiler[Dateko got fixated on stopping Hinata.
That was exactly what Karasuno wanted.]

Intense game to say the least.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 17

Although not by a lot, the main characters are actually holding a lead over tough to beat rivals. Kageyama sure sets up some awesome moments with Hinata hitting it home, the best one spoiler[actually not being one that Hinata hit himself, but him playing the role as decoy] was the best. That shot had been a long way coming, and along with that the team has been able to keep their morale from falling. One thing I would like to see would be those mostly on the bench be able to show their stuff, Kageyama must get tired.

Have to say again that I considered male volleyball to be a bit sissy, but after this I have a respect for it. Really kind of awesome.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
Hinata actually impresses me more than I had thought. Well, just from my point of view anyways but his spikes and teamwork with the others is definitely something to take notice of.

Great episode and match so far. Even the girls are impressed!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:57 am Reply with quote
Near cried watching this week's episode. Noya sa~~n!!! So coooool!!! Asahi san YAY!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
The OST was brilliant as always.

I was smiling the whole time during the latest match just because of how awesome it was. At this rate, the next match should be even more intense.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 18

I had years in my eyes when spoiler[Azumane kept calling to score the final point and especially when he called for the final pass] that match was very gripping!

I hope this gets a second season so they don't try and rush through the following games.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:44 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I had years in my eyes when spoiler[Azumane kept calling to score the final point and especially when he called for the final pass] that match was very gripping!

"Years"? Wink

What got me was the bond between Noya san and Asahi san, and the way Noya san was desperate to spoiler[save the ball].

There's no doubt in my mind that this series will be getting a continuation. It's a Jump series, for one thing, and it has been very successful financially.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:00 am Reply with quote
That was great. They sure do know how to stretch out a play. And I mean that as a compliment for once. Unlike most series, they're experts at making the moment last for the tension and feels, and not just to fill the time.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Karasuno got the 1st set], but it's still far from over!
Guess spoiler[Dateko isn't invincible after all.
2nd set was intense as hell! and rather tied too.]

Hinata stole all the attention again.
Guess that was according to Karasuno's plan.
Hinata was tireless..
Dateko's #7 was the most troublesome player.
spoiler[Asahi] was having serious problems with their defense.
spoiler[Noya's] save was amazing!!
Damn, spoiler[they won! Awesome!!!]
Great episode!!
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote
This show seems to be almost incapable of not being awesome...i think the only way it'd be able to disappoint me by now would be if spoiler[Karasuno somehow made it to Nationals at first try because as much as i like the team that would completely undermine the relative realism of the show.]

Anyway, great episode yet again, Asahi was so cool! Looking forward to their next match spoiler[which will most likely be against Oikawa's team (with more Oikawa this time...) again?]
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:

"Years"? Wink

Yes years, the tension ages me up by a couple of years Laughing

Obviously I meant tears Wink
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 18

spoiler[Saving the ball with his leg]!

I agree on some great use of keeping the tension by extending the plays through slow motion. Usually a tired way of filling time in shounen, but here is an essential part of making it so exciting.

And again, I for one found the little bit spoiler[at the end where we had a bit of focus on the determination of the losing side to be pretty well done].
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And again, I for one found the little bit spoiler[at the end where we had a bit of focus on the determination of the losing side to be pretty well done].

And by the sounds of things Dateko will spoiler[come back stronger in the Spring Tournament as the 3rd year (by the sounds of things) were not the best they have been in previous years.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
This is another example of the little things they do that crack me up in this series (while Asahi is praising Hinata's gameplay). I just love the framing there.

Btw, I'm pretty sure I know what their signal is for Hinata to get the toss. Cool

Ok, it's been bugging me for awhile now, but does anyone recognize the logo (footprint with "ics") of their sportswear? Dateko and their next opponent (and some others I believe) are wearing Mizuno gear (here "Mizuyono," but the icon and the font of the M are unmistakable), and everyone seems to be wearing a modified version of Asics shoes (sans a couple of stripes (or filled in between stripes)). On the first issue manga cover the stripes that form the 'A' don't even seem to be altered. The balls of course are licensed designs of Mikasa and Molten as per the end credits.

Try as I might though, I can't find that footprint with anything close to ics as a company name. I can find ics as a sportswear company, but that's not their logo, and they don't even seem to have a website. Also isc, but again, wrong logo.

Funny thing, recently there was a promotion where for something like $90 you could buy limited edition Karasuno Volleyball sneakers. They were ugly as sin (though I admit that folding down the tops to replicate the jersey collars is kinda cool) and looked like the designers had never seen the series or read the manga or even seen a volleyball game. Kinda fitting that they'll ship at Halloween...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 23