• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Week Friends (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldPilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
Very cute and enjoyable show so far.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:17 am Reply with quote
Yep, another fan checking in. What makes me happy about the spoiler[diary] is that I had the thought after the first eppie. I always like it when shows acknowledge the obvious and implement an idea early instead of letting a few episodes go by and then finally have someone say, "duh, spoiler[you should write stuff down.]"

I wonder if they will graduate to spoiler[recording stuff on video?]

I still have the same question I had after the first episode which is, how can this premise be stretched over a season, but so far so good.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Her reaction to him was a little different, she must have forgot her fears of forgetting, and realised her forgotten interests were important. I do wonder how character development will work. She apparently forgot all her lunches, but visual clues kind of implied spoiler[she might have recalled some events]. Although the obvious thing was that she was simply spoiler[lying about any recollection the visuals were just what she read, with the fact him scratched out meant to make it more obvious she could not remember any details].
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
Hase kun and Fujimiya are so adorable~! I really like the oft colors used in this series. It really fits the atmosphere.

Diggin' the series. It makes me go d'awwww~
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
I don't know how to feel about this show. I think the premise is very stretched and essentially irrelevant in this day and age. While I realize similar conditions do exist, the level of especifity for Kaori's amnesia is already pushing my suspension of disbelief, but the fact that it just now occurred to her that she should spoiler[keep a diary (maybe episode 3 will evolve to *gasp* taking photographs?)] is just too much. I think it's a very sweet idea, similar to one of the stories in ef- A tale of memories, and the characters are crazy precious, but I don't know if my suspension of disbelief can go that far. *sigh* I'm still undecided on many spring shows, so I may or may not drop it, depending on how they handle it
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I don't know how to feel about this show. I think the premise is very stretched and essentially irrelevant in this day and age. While I realize similar conditions do exist, the level of especifity for Kaori's amnesia is already pushing my suspension of disbelief, but the fact that it just now occurred to her that she should spoiler[keep a diary (maybe episode 3 will evolve to *gasp* taking photographs?)] is just too much. I think it's a very sweet idea, similar to one of the stories in ef- A tale of memories, and the characters are crazy precious, but I don't know if my suspension of disbelief can go that far. *sigh* I'm still undecided on many spring shows, so I may or may not drop it, depending on how they handle it

Her comments suggest that she had tried keeping a diary before, but obviously it didn't work out. It didn't work out that great this time either.

The cause of her condition is explored later. I hope your suspension of disbelief lasts until then.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
As ashamed as i am to admit it this show just shot a giant cupid's arrow right into my crusty heart........

I'm willing to put the whole weird amnesia thing aside for now since it's going to be explained later. Whether it's good or bad that isn't particularly important right now. I really do love the cute interactions two have together and how Yuuki is actually capable of realizing how Fujimiya feels. So glad to see he isn't an oblivious idiot in that regard. I really do feel like Fujimiya's reactions are rather realistic considering the situation. I thought she would be a bit more shocked when she found out everything that had transpired but seeing that blank drawing of Yuuki when she talked on the roof with him was a very effective visual cue for the scene.

This is truly a heartbreaking/heartwarming series that has certainly become of my of my picks this season. Of course whenever i have high hopes for shows early on they usually end up sucking so i hope i can be right for ONCE this time....
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
As ashamed as i am to admit it this show just shot a giant cupid's arrow right into my crusty heart........

DO NOT BE ASHAMED.
NEVER BE ASHAMED OVER THAT.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
So how long do you think it'll be before Yuuki tries the old, "Hey, I know how to cure your amnesia, babe..."

*unzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip*
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Blood, don't be a pervert. :/

.........I do think he likes her though. His reaction to her regular clothes...

I ship it. :3
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
waaaay to late for that. have you seen his posts in some of the recent show threads?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I find Yuuki interesting because he's basically the sensitive and feminine type of guy you find in the emerging "cute guys doing cute things" type of show like Shun in You and Me / Kimi to Boku. The type of guy that, honestly, seems like the gayest of these groups and the least interested in girls. It's an interesting choice. He's very unthreatening and sweet and just about the only type you can seriously see as someone so interested in being "friends" with a girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
waaaay to late for that. have you seen his posts in some of the recent show threads?

He can be a pervert in those threads, just not with this show.
IT'S WRONG. Anime hyper
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi, such is my affection and respect for you, that I pledge to make this discussion thread a pervert free zone from here on in. To be honest, even I felt a bit squicky posting that because it is such a gosh-darned cute show.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear that, good sir. :'D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14