• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dai - Shogun - Great Revolution (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Dai - Shogun - Great Revolution (TV)

Genres: action, science fiction
Themes: historical, mecha

Plot Summary: In the late Edo period, Japan had experienced an unprecedented crisis by Kurofune (Black Ships), the ships from foreign countries. But a giant robot called Onigami, which has existed since ancient time, dispelled the Kurofune ships and the exclusion of foreigners was accomplished. The story begins in Japan where Meiji restoration in 1868 didn't happen.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:
Lol, it was a silly episode imo but I noticed a lot of the characters are badass in this. The MC is voiced by Natsu from Fairy Tail so expect some hotheaded moments coming from him. On another note, we also get a spoiler[badass grandma in the first episode with an eye patch.]

In some ways, this also reminded me of Nobuanga the Fool, with the mecha bit thrown in as well. There's more fan service than I had thought though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Keiichiro looks like an interesting character.
He sure has a short fuse.
Don't know why, but I kinda like it.
They look like spoiler[yakuza or a gang of sorts, not very noble] LOL
This anime looks like some kind of a weird alternate parody.
I'm not really into this type of anime.
Skipping it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

I don't care what none-y'all say, I'm enjoying this!

*looks around defensively*

I mean, it's practically false advertising to call it animation considering how little anything moves. I kind of it treat it as one of those "motion comics" that CR is starting to run.

But I do like the dames on this show. Sexy Fox Girl? Oh yeah! Pure-spirited Ninja Bigguns? Yes'm! And next week I believe we are getting some kind of "Sex Witch" or sumpin'. Come on, with quality characterization like this, how can I NOT be entranced???
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
Glad I'm not the only one who likes this. The animation is quite poor for today's standard but I like the art style, especially the female characters.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Ep1&2

I lost what I was typing and don't want to write it all again so I'll summarize.

-A dude with a bunch of scars and a giant hammer piloting a giant robot with a flat fox girl and a curvy kunoichi. There's some serious machismo here. Good times, good times.

-Keiichiro takes the unlucky bastard award from the megaplayboy dude from DNA Squared. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that would suck.

-Mixture of feudal japanese clothes with gang clothes. Mohawks/spikes and kimonos/topknots go surprisingly well together.

-The mechs look ok and it's pretty hilarious how smooth the 3D goes considering it's basically a picture drama otherwise.

-"animation" style reminds me of Legend of Duo. Similar to that it's kind of a shame because the character art is pretty good. Or perhaps it's because of the low animation that the art can be nice. Anyway, I am fond of these types of body and face types. I was getting a little tired of the 4-and-5 heads rule that was going on lately.

-There's a certain period-relevant sound effect that annoys me and it's all over the place here. I can't really describe it. There was a toy in the late 70's early 80's called a twizzler (not the candy) that made it. Though complaining about that is like complaining about guns in a maufia movie.

I normally don't got for the kunoichi thing (I don't even like the feudal Japan setting much although robots do help) but man Kiriko is hot. Strange since I don't think so of Blazblue's Litchee, whom shares many similar traits. I really hope Rindou Aya takes a liking to her and graces his sketchbook (and our image sites) with some pics of her. The winning combo of bodysuit ass + minor chest coverage has been a favourite of mine since Waku Waku 7. Chiharu has her charms too.

I'll probably catch another ep or 2 before shelving and then tanking the whole thing.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Sorry If I bumped this, I just watched 2 episodes and this anime is just full of:

This has got to be the worse anime I've ever seen. The animation is so stiff, and the movement in this anime is just limited (that's the best way to put it). This is not anime, but more like a motion comic. The plot is just ridiculously bad, and the fanservice is just over the top bad.

I mean in episode 2 spoiler[they said in order to pilot a robot, you have to be a virgin??!!]

The only good thing I will say about this anime (or motion comic as this looks like): I like the art design, it takes me back to Samurai Champloo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lauragibs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
i like the purple girl http://jogarjogosdemoto.com/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1