• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation July 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
^ From June 24.

via RACS
Quote:
As announced in last Fridays newsletter, Funimation has delayed the release of Ben-To (originally scheduled for July) until further notice with a new date TBA:

"We have realized that there are inconsistencies associated with the materials used to create the release. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause fans who are eager to see this series, but we want to ensure that the product we are releasing is to the highest standard that our fans expect. We will provide a new release date once it becomes available."

We're going to continue to leave the title up for pre-order with a TBA date, and we're also going to keep all existing pre-orders open for it for now, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the inside word is that Ben-To is now unlikely to be released this year, so please don't add it to a new order with other stuff as a hold expecting it to be circling back around in a couple of months.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
No Ben-To at all for 2014 because of incorrect show elements? That's unbelievable for a show that wasn't simulcast, had its run in Japan and is overdue for a US release.

Either somebody stateside didn't care or it was sabotaged on the Japanese end. {And considering the new timeframe, the problem doesn't seem to be Funimation's doing}

So I can allocate funds for a new Blu-Ray title...
I'll see what Sentai's offering.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3