• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nanana's Buried Treasure (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Kind of irritating that Juugo just gets the crap beat out of him all the time. I really hope that we don’t continue down the path of him being more or less forced to take part in these hijinks.

He wasn't forced to get into the adventure club, that was pretty much a choice. Although I do agree, the reason for him being forced into the house makes no sense. It would be cooler if he just accepted it and decided to enjoy his situation, I dunno, like some crazy scheme to sell off the collection and get rich or something.

I am still kinda holding hope that we'll have some fight scene and he'll turn out to be a badass.

As for the fan service, I don't mind so long as the show is in harem/comedy/slice of life mode, but the second it's gonna try to become serious it's not gonna work out, so hopefully it never does that, unlike kill la kill.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
He did technically join by choice but due to getting savagely beaten by Yuu just for not wanting to talk to the president and how keen they were on making him a member i don't think him refusing would have worked out.

To me Juugo's character is just way to perfect for this setting. Why?
Well first lets look at his dreams and goals in life...............oh wait a minute he has none. He's a guy who ran away from home and has nothing going for him. But how do they off set this? They give him an over the top gung ho personality which doesn't even seem to make sense to me given how he ended up in a low rent apartment that was likely his last resort or he would have been homeless.

But because of this personality this makes it so he is relatively unphased by all the supernatural stuff happening around him and why he will most likely be all for going on a treasure hunt since he obviously doesn't have anything else to do or a goal to work towards. He is easily persuaded into doing things due to being extremely gullible which is precisely one of the only reasons why this setup can even go anywhere.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Heard this had a tan maid trap.

Picked up. Regardless of anything else. I hope this show doesn't suck or trap-kun gets decent screentime.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Hope that Adventure Club has a lot of adventures.
That's pretty much the only reason I'm watching this anime.
So far, so good!
Nanana sure has a lot of items spread around that island.
The traps surrounding them are dangerous too.
New adventure was very interesting and the traps were cool.
This anime is slightly reminding me of Phi Brain, at least when it comes to puzzles.
Looks like the Adventure Club was not as united as I thought.
This turn of events could prove to be very intriguing.]
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Show, I don't know what to do with you and your obnoxious, obvious self aware fanservice. It is just so damn annoying. spoiler[they do not have to have a "trap" maid. Nor do they have to show Yama groping said maid. Yama is definitely being portrayed as a pervert, with his grope at least once an episode track record, but isn't it hilarious that he groped a dick? No, no it's not]

Said character is literally the only reason I am watching this show.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop talking for everyone.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Nobody was speaking for or about you, and nobody cares about your fetishes.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Excuse me, but Agent's use of "we" pretty much says she was speaking for everyone.

I'm sorry I'm not some limp-wristed pansy who lets other insult them.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Hum, I hope the trap get more interesting than that, there interesting visually but held back by the CG. The audience has no time to actual try to figure out the solution, and they all seem pretty arbitrary, plus I don't even get why they couldn't just B line the treasure in that one, why even make the path?spoiler[ And considering they got off of it with rope, wouldn't that means they could have gotten on it with rope too, bypassing the entire thing?]

I guess the show is starting to put all the different group in place and build there relationship, but I feel like in one or two episode everything will be back as usual (spoiler[they'll probably just let go the president with a "oh he just get really excited when he get treasure]).
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Excuse me, but Agent's use of "we" pretty much says she was speaking for everyone.

I've re-read Agent's post 3 times, and I don't see a "we' anywhere in it. I don't know what you think you saw, but she's clearly only talking about her own experience with the show.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

I'm sorry I'm not some limp-wristed pansy who lets other insult them.
For all your constant harping on how supposedly progressive you are on gender and sex issues, you're going to deploy "limp-wristed"? Really?

You have to be delusional to see an insult in what Agent355 said, but since you also saw a "we" there, I guess it all fits. If you have a different point of view, you can easily express it with "I disagree, I find penis-maid to be quite amusing/entertaining/hot/fun," without bringing more of the gratuitous hostility you bring into every thread you join.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I am really liking these puzzles.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
That was quite a spoiler[long hug/embrace/or whatever] you'd call it lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I am really liking these puzzles.

I find myself rather liking Tensai. She seems to be the only one that is up to solving the problems the ruins present. Twice now I don't see how they could have gotten anywhere without her.

Would it have killed them to put in a few friendly words to each other when they were in that predicament together? A simple "well I don't hate it" from either of them would have been more than enough, but apparently too much to ask for.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:27 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I didn't see the spoiler[Prez blade-ing coming. I hope the duo comes up with something suitably horrible as revenge for that dick.]

I'm less enamored with the Phi-Brain aspect of the show, but oh well. I like the characters and their interactions so I guess I can live with it.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quote
The problem with Tensai is that she lacks good reaction time and athletic ability. I almost headbutted my cat when she was so slow to notice the walkway breaking apart the second time.

Though i give her props for figuring out the puzzle using those close calls if Juugo was not there she would have surely perished. I think that's what you could call her flaws and I actually don't mind it that she has them.

Because this actually makes Juugo useful. Since he is very athletic and has decent reflexes they make the perfect puzzle solving pair in a way. She figures out the puzzle and Juugo does all the tedious running and junk. It's elementary my dear Watson Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8