• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nanana's Buried Treasure (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Why doesn't it occur to him to make Nanana carry some of the responsibility? Even though she's a ghost I am sure she can produce any amount of cash she wants. And she is the one who busted the budget.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Why doesn't it occur to him to make Nanana carry some of the responsibility? Even though she's a ghost I am sure she can produce any amount of cash she wants. And she is the one who busted the budget.

Forget using Nanana, use the treasure. With the gemstone of truth or w/e he could have as much money has he want, not to mention sell it for millions (probably even billions).

I like that ha was cool with it being spoiler[cocain] or w/e, was hoping they weren't gonna show the content, a little pulp fiction reference would have been awesome.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

So he thought that he was spoiler[transporting an illegal white powder]. Kind of stupid for him to spoiler[look in it, isn't not opening the package rule 3]? (rule two is no names) Him lying was also bad moves, plus asking questions.

Also other notes. Daruka is good, looked like he clearly took advantage of spoiler[Tensai drop of guard to put the chopsticks that touched her mouth to touch his]. And Tensai's spoiler[disguise], she spoiler[looked good] and she knew it.

Because I am bad at names or something, actually took me a while to realise is that what happened in the scene at the café. It was that he spoiler[figured out the woman in the leather clothes was the guy pretending to be her, because he saw the real one next to him, and thus the blood was her getting Shuu].
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Why is Nanana's name in the title of this show? Just call it "Buried Treasure of some Uninteresting NEET"

Seriously it baffles me how she's even considered a main character at this point. We are already halfway through and she's barely done anything. She's only important because she has all the answers to everyone's questions but chooses not to tell CAUSE THAT'S NOT FUN!

I honestly wouldn't mind if we got an episode dedicated to her or something revealing some of her backstory because as of now I really have no reason to care about her. Being a complete bum and not giving a crap about the people who you make things difficult for doesn't make me feel sympathy for her.

I wonder if someone destroyed the apartment what would happen to her...............Wink

Also that whole casual dinner with a guy who just tried to kill you is definitely another one of those unreasonable anime logic things. I'd have to have the choice of beating the crap out of him several times before we ever engaged in any form of communication.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I wonder if someone destroyed the apartment what would happen to her.

I wonder why if Juugo spends time fantasizing about her he doesn't ever hit on her.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
I understand wanting an episode dedicated to Nanana, but rather than spending an entire episode trying to make the least interesting character interesting I'd rather they just spend an entire episode trying to make that episode interesting. I'm perfectly fine with her just being a walking plot point, dropping hint when needed and providing basic motivation for the MC. Of course I know there gonna try to make her into more, but you know the later the better.

HaruhiToy wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:
I wonder if someone destroyed the apartment what would happen to her.

I wonder why if Juugo spends time fantasizing about her he doesn't ever hit on her.

Can he even hit that?
I'll walk myself out...
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[So, finally, the onsen part.
They sure were enjoying themselves.
Tensai always has such a keen eye for details.
She tends to find mysteries everywhere.
Yuiga is such a pain...
He always pulls a fast one on Juugo & team.
Why, oh why do they still tolerate that guy?
Traps in their new adventure were interesting.
There was some weirdish fanservice this time as well ^^"]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

The jealousy was strong in this episode. I almost thought we would of got a major yandere moment. Otherwise, I didn't really like the episode in general. The ending made me felt like I was trolled while the comedy was a bit meh. I hope the next treasure will be spoiler[real and something I'll be more interested in.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty obvious spoiler[Juugo stole the treasure the night before, replaced it with the cat doll, and then mailed it off with the pudding. I just wonder why Tensai a) didn't catch on, or b) did catch on but didn't say anything.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Once again the treasure hunting party would get nowhere without Tensai.

Surely we could have gotten a bit more fan service than that out of a hot springs episode. I did like the gender-role swap where it was the girl trying to to peek and the guys were saying provocative things.

I thought Juugo paid his rent a year in advance. So how can they throw him out for not paying the utility bill? They would just turn off the utilities until the account was current. Being behind in payments doesn't give them the right to throw him out of a space he has already fully paid for.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It's pretty obvious spoiler[Juugo stole the treasure the night before, replaced it with the cat doll, and then mailed it off with the pudding. I just wonder why Tensai a) didn't catch on, or b) did catch on but didn't say anything.]

Yeah the comment Tensai made was just too much, I hate it when anime underestimate the audience intelligence. Oh the plus sidespoiler[ I like Juugo more and more as a MC, he actually take decision on his own, that's gotta be some sort of record in the anime world.]

From this point on it kinda feel like the president is just a joke character, there really was't any reason for his group to be incapable of getting the treasure themselves, it's gonna be hard to take him seriously anymore.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

And Juugo spoiler[wins again], it is quite spoiler[obvious what actually happened]. Juugo spoiler[went in the middle of the night, finished the puzzle and replaced the treasure with a toy]. He was able to pay for his rent by spoiler[revealing information about the treasure, but his plan was to screw over them as well in the deal as he got to keep the treasure and use them to distract Tensai]. In the end the spoiler[treasure would arrive with the "pudding"].

The best bit is the episode did not say it, although spoiler[I figured it out quite early]. Also a great role reversal with getting excited from hearing what the guys were doing. And the guy was spot on with Hoshino, and I assume he was in the Hideyoshi bath.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Juugo has gotten pretty clever.
I'm glad he got that treasure before the "club president".
That guy can't be trusted at all.
On the other hand, everyone is playing their own angle.
Yukihime & Juugo had a nice midnight heart-to-heart ^^
At least that made things clear.
Nice, but relaxed episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Probably best episode in the season for me this week. It's spoiler[because the character relationship of both Juugo + Nanana and Juugo + Yukihime being part of it. The episode at first felt slow but then Juugo was able to say his thoughts and feelings directly. It felt a little cheesy but it was honest.]

Anyways, I hope they find out who killed Nanana...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote
What I wanna know is why footage from Star Driver made it in there. So far as I can tell there's nothing linking the two projects.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8