• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nanana's Buried Treasure (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Well Aniplex owns both Star Driver and Nanana's Buried Treasure. Other than that i couldn't say but it's not like this kind "in company" advertising is something we haven't see before.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I feel like I completely missed something, here. Did the spoiler[old bag steal the real Crystal of Truth thingamajig at some point?]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Other than that i couldn't say but it's not like this kind "in company" advertising is something we haven't see before.

It's usually restricted to in studio, though. Star Driver was Bones, Nanana is A-1. Plus, with what Aniplex has made, why Star Driver, of all things?

Yttrbio wrote:
I feel like I completely missed something, here. Did the spoiler[old bag steal the real Crystal of Truth thingamajig at some point?]

She's the one who stole it in the first place, then Juugo swiped it from the drop point in the alley.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I remember that, but Juugo was being all whiny about something, and he was talking about stealing things after they had already been stolen (?) as if she had done it or... maybe I just didn't get what he was emo about.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
He was basically butthurt that she and that dude tried to steal the cat doll despite some thief code to not steal something some one has already successfully taken. He was sad because it meant she didn't respect him or something. It didn't really click completely for me either.

I guess he technically didn't break that code since he took the lie detector thing before the others properly claimed it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The episode at first felt slow but then Juugo was able to say his thoughts and feelings directly. It felt a little cheesy but it was honest.

Not only that dialogs in this episode made it the first time that I felt like we were seeing real characters. Nanana actually had something to say worth listening to. Juugo seems much less random now.

I think the joking around succeeded in keeping it from being too cheesy. "One time service" indeed. Ha. Nobody tell Blood- he'll go crazy.

Oh, and the opening: you just got a demonstration of what every girl wants. Even ghost girls.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Might seem kind of confusing how he could change so much since he spoiler[looked like he wanted to help people when he was young], but I think it actually makes total sense of explaining his character. In essence he was spoiler[super innocent, he likely really believed that he could make everyone happy]. That's until he found spoiler[out that a thief still steals from someone, and thus you cannot make everyone happy]. Probably ended up spoiler[disillusioned and betrayed by the group], so why he hates them (considering them hypocrites), and why his moral compass can look off.

He took it quite hard when he felt that she spoiler[betrayed the honour amongst thieves, like the first guild rule.]
meiam

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
Meh this episode really didn't do it for me, I'm completely uninterested in his relation with the older sister girl, partly cause we barely know her, partly cause she's absolutely uninteresting and what make Juugo interesting is that he act differently from most main character. So for him to turn around and spend an entire episode basically been every main character ever, chasing a woman without anything actually coming out of it and everything going back to square one at the end, just feel like they wasted an episode. Maybe they could have done that for one of the latter episode where we actually had more characterization of the older sister and where they actually could have gone all the way, now it's just every harem ever, some almost declaration happen, but Juugo couldn't actually commit to her cause they still want to keep the other girls as potential love interest (even thought at the end of the series nothing will have happened on that front).
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Tensai kinda reminds me of Taiga sometimes ^^
Looks like the bad neighborhood kids are in Yama's school.
Being a delivery boy has its fun sides ^^"
Yama seems to have collected a nice harem.
The mysterious Hiiyo made an appearance.
Nanana sure knows a bunch of weird people.
Good episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Oh Saki...

It was kinda meh episode imo but that spoiler[previous occupant] named spoiler[Hiyo pisses me off a bit and I think Nanana has some sort of history with him. We also get another student introduced in this episode too.] Eh, the pacing feels a bit odd. I'm still hoping they find Nanana's murderer.

As for spoiler[Hiyo] though, I think he could become a major antagonist of this show now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I'm still hoping they find Nanana's murderer.

Considering this is an adaptation of an ongoing light novel series, I think you better put your hopes down...

I actually found myself a bit saddened at the lack of Tensai in this episode.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Indeed. No Tensai, No Life.

I actually find myself liking Hiiyo to some degree.
Anyone who wears a trench coat is automatically cool xP.
What i like about him though is that he isn't necessarily a villain. He's just a man with a goal like everyone else. The President showed his darker side too when he got a hold of that staff so it's not like he's blameless in that regard. Juugo is also guilty of playing dirty regarding the last treasure hunt where he switched out the treasures.

So in a sense everyone her is on the same level. They go about achieving their goals by deceiving and fooling others. Just because Ikusaba is less pleasant about using others doesn't mean he's any worse or better than anyone else in this show. As we can see when he talked with Juugo he isn't really spewing with "I'M A BAD GUY!" more like he just doesn't like to beat around the bush when dealing with people.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I get that the show want me to dislike Hiiyo, but there's really no reason, so I wish they'd stop with the evil music. Oh well, now the real antagonist of the show is revealed since the president turn out to be just a mini boss.

I'm kinda annoyed by Nanana being angry about him calling it trash, considering she decided to just lock away all her treasure that could immensely help humanity, I'd say she treat them far worse than he does, at least selling them mean they'll help other people. Same for most character, imagine how useful the object that reveal if someone is lying could be, could save millions of lives. Yet she just lock it away, and then when Juugo gets it he just leave it in his room and do nothing with it. It's a bit of an hypocrisy. Plus it was pretty trashy, make it rain once, not all that useful on the long term, I do wonder how far from the original location you need to be for it to start working again.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

I think what makes him a bad guy is that he has absolutely no regard for other people. He spoiler[rented the apartment just so he could have access to her and another wouldn't, and never visited leaving her alone, and did not even pay the rent]. It seems clear that he only wants treasures that would give him power and is likely who the president has been trying to be like in acting sly. On another note it is not like the president has no reason to not trust the second years, one is a master thief and others area a detective and assistant who would probably want many treasures to go to proper authorities.

I think it will also maybe have Juugo realise some of his unsavoury parts.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:12 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
On another note it is not like the president has no reason to not trust the second years, one is a master thief and others area a detective and assistant who would probably want many treasures to go to proper authorities.

When he said that they're all brilliant I was all "No they're not, Daruku is useless!" Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8