• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nanana's Buried Treasure (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote
Not to Juugo. Even he was tempted to still cope a feel when Daruku was knocked out :I
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[What happened to looking for Nanana's collection?
The plot has taken a dating & harem turn.
The priorities totally shifted.
Only Ikusaba stirred up some trouble in the background.
It was interesting to hear more about him.
2nd part of the episode was more serious and back on track.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm not really into any of the characters anymore except maybe Nanana based on that ending. At any rate, I'm not expecting too much from the remaining two episodes but a certain someone to be taken care of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Eh, I'm not really into any of the characters anymore except maybe Nanana based on that ending.

That was a suddenly portentous ending, wasn't it?

And so soon after they did a great job setting up that line: "spoiler[I have two conditions.]" Ha ha. Careful with offering bribes there, Juugo.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

He spoiler[knocked over glasses girl because he felt the murderous intent from jealous older sister figure]. He should totally just choose that for the mutual attraction, until we get some sort of strange plot twist. You heard it here first, the glasses wearing class president is the real killer.

Yun-chan seemed a bit too close to the gang to just have gotten involved in it. The crazy theory I was thinking up was maybe she spoiler[is a treasure, but if she was really at the school before perhaps it has bonded or reanimated her]. If it is connected to spoiler[reanimation] it could be why Nananaspoiler[ does not want it used, like she thinks he would try to use it on her]. But probably way off.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:44 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Just one more episode left.
Wonder what the finale is gonna look like.
So far, my favorite character is definitely Tensai.
She seems to be the only constant & true to herself.
Everyone else was in a state of flux most of the time.
New puzzle was interesting.
All that running around was fun ^^
Looks like the collection pieces are not just for display.
So Juugo does have a purpose after all.
He's fists & impulsiveness come in handy from time to time.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Juugo and Tensai would make a funny team together if they do more cases in the future. And also, I'd never thought I'd say this but I was cheering for Isshin this episode.

For Juugo though, I hope spoiler[he'll be back to his fighting feet again]. I wonder how they will resolve this in just a single episode though. Maybe the landlady will also get involved?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Damn cliffhangers. I was really enjoying seeing spoiler[Ikusaba] get his ass kiccked, too.

Here I was thinking they'd do the usual with spoiler[Nanana disappearing] but luckily it was a fake out.

Tensai/Juugo OTP.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
We still need to find out why Juugo can't use the treasure.

At this point it would be hard to name any character other Ikusaba that was Nanana's killer. It's either him or we will close out the season with this unresolved so they make sure you buy the next season.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if I should feel bad, but I can't help but agree with Ikusaba on the Yun issue, and see Juugo's take on it as pretty disgusting.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I think you need to also consider that Nanana might not have a killer at all. How do we know that she isn't using the killer excuse to keep her roommates obligated to stay so she won't be lonely? If she knew he had a dragon tattoo I'm doubting he didn't at least have some other identifiable features like hair or attire.

I've somewhat came to the conclusion that for whatever Nanana is trapped in that room but she's not actually dead. I know this is anime but since when does a REAL ghost need sustenance? She might have a treasure that allows her to have these ghost powers that she's hiding. But other than that I haven't seen anything leading to the fact she's actually dead.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I don't know if I should feel bad, but I can't help but agree with Ikusaba on the Yun issue, and see Juugo's take on it as pretty disgusting.

Ikusaba is pretty much logical about everything since the beginning, he's just right on everything. Of course this makes him the evil character cause we all know feeling/moral > logic. Rolling Eyes

It's especially true on the use of the treasure, I don't get why everyone act like they should avoid using the treasure at all cost. That'd be like having the cure for cancer and refusing to use it, it's incredibly irresponsible. At this point I'd say Nanana is the closest thing to an evil character in this series, since she found all those amazing treasure that could tremendously help humanity and decided to get rich with them, build her own island/paradise and then hide all those treasure behind deadly trap so that they can't help people at all.

It's just so hypocritical that Juugo hate Ikusaba for endangering someone while explicitly telling her that it was dangerous but then just ignore the fact that those trap where build by Nanana, she could have made them non lethal but she choose to make them in such a way that dying is a very real possibility. The treasure room don't even have label that tell people that there dangerous, so in that sense Ikusaba was even more open than Nanana.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
At this point it would be hard to name any character other Ikusaba that was Nanana's killer. It's either him or we will close out the season with this unresolved so they make sure you buy the next season.

We were never going to find out who Nanana's killer was. Heck, I bet it hasn't even been revealed in the novels yet. That's the thing with having your plot centered on such a mystery: once you solve it the series is over.

And while Ikusaba had a point about Yun, that doesn't mean it's okay for him to be a dick about it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

That spoiler[bloodied bag that clearly belongs to] a girl looked to be in a spoiler[pretty terrible state, and mixed with the fact that Yun apparently did a dangerous job for money, I am thinking even more that perhaps the girl we saw so far is not the original one.] It does not look like it would be in her spoiler[personality to do something like she has, she seems awfully close to the gang who she apparently just met and apparently have ties to treasures, and with that blood] and Nanana's stopping from using it I think that spoiler[she may very well have been resurected by the treasure. Perhaps something to do with the wings].

Also, Ikusaba spoiler[saying something was a cheap trick], hello pot, meet kettle.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
#11 Final

spoiler[Juugo torture 101.
Does Tensai always have to save his ass?
For a guy, he can be rather useless at times.
She made an interesting choice in the ruins.
Is she that smart of playing by ear?
I have to give her some credit though.
Ikusaba could be reasoned with after all..
Nanana - Juugo battle was fun ^^
So he finally snapped for some answers.
I'm glad Nanana gave him some motivation.
Nice final episode, but it felt more like a mid season break.
Could / Will there be a next season? Let's hope.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8