• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Gundam UC Volume's 2nd Full Trailer Dubbed in English

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:19 am Reply with quote
I've got to say, I love Gundam Unicorn, it's the best thing to come out of the franchise in decades, but the time period between releases was so long that I only remember the bare basics of the central story. I'm going to have to rewatch all the parts before this one to catch up again. I hope this is a good finale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:23 am Reply with quote
SPOILER ALERT:

Banshee is made out of chocolate
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I've got to say, I love Gundam Unicorn, it's the best thing to come out of the franchise in decades, but the time period between releases was so long that I only remember the bare basics of the central story. I'm going to have to rewatch all the parts before this one to catch up again. I hope this is a good finale.

I can't see how one can possibly go into a new one of these without rewatching the last one. Honestly, you should rewatch them all anyways.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I have the first six volumes, and I'm pretty certain the last volume will be like all the other UC-endings a newtype spiritual conflictual ending. In other words it will end like shit (but hey the mecha talibans fan will have their orgasmic day with the fighting scenes since that's all that matters right ? Rolling Eyes ).
The day we'll get a UC series that doesn't revolve around "ghosts" determinig the lives of the living it will be a great victory.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
This looks pretty good. Is it going to have a typical Gundam ending? Yes. Is that awesome? Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
the-antihero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Just caught up with Unicorn and it's really damn good. This anime also has the best cel-shading work in the history of anime. I'll be picking it when box set comes out.

I hope Gundam keeps going in the west. I want that dub for Turn A, as well as one for ZZ, Victory, X, AGE and the little bits and bobs left (08th MS Team and 0083 Stardust Memory shorts, CE73 Stargazer and Memory of Eden).

EDIT: And while we're at it, lets get that Frozen Teardrop picture drama translated as well as the novel. And hopefully made into an anime one day.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Just caught up with Unicorn and it's really damn good. This anime also has the best cel-shading work in the history of anime. I'll be picking it when box set comes out.

I hope Gundam keeps going in the west. I want that dub for Turn A, as well as one for ZZ, Victory, X, AGE and the little bits and bobs left (08th MS Team and 0083 Stardust Memory shorts, CE73 Stargazer and Memory of Eden).

EDIT: And while we're at it, lets get that Frozen Teardrop picture drama translated as well as the novel. And hopefully made into an anime one day.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. With Bandai Ent. kaput, even if Bandai Visual could be bothered, they would bleed the fans dry with any of those, no matter how old or terrible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
partially

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to the finale. I hope they include all the extras on the disc this time, even include older ones. The BD-Live system was horrible.

And hey I get back from China on June 7. A nice welcome home package. Very Happy
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
This looks pretty good. Is it going to have a typical Gundam ending? Yes. Is that awesome? Yes.

Not quite. i have a feeling that the ending will be to make it compatible to the universal century storyline. if it didn't do that and make an ending to please the fanbase , it would be considered a spin off instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:48 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Not quite. i have a feeling that the ending will be to make it compatible to the universal century storyline. if it didn't do that and make an ending to please the fanbase , it would be considered a spin off instead.
Make it compatible? I'm not sure what you are talking about here? How does this go against what I said? Also it already is a UC anime.........and the ending of the novel is already well known.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

It's chronologically the last story in the early UC era, they can end it however they want because A- only animated works are official (so contradicting novels and manga doesn't matter)l and B- Late UC stories are basically their own thing and don't often reference the early UC. So I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
I hope they do well with this final episode/volume. Its seems to be fine series, that deserves a good ending to it. I just hope not the end of the time-continum. Gundam Origins is suppose to be a rehash/redo of the past with coverage or pre-series moments in it. Not i'm crying about reimaging, but i want the timeline go forward.

The quality of Gundam Unicorn is amazing, i just hope we don't have wait a very long time for something equally as good to come out to rival it.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
Fatt_One wrote:
It's chronologically the last story in the early UC era, they can end it however they want because A- only animated works are official (so contradicting novels and manga doesn't matter)l and B- Late UC stories are basically their own thing and don't often reference the early UC. So I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about.

Um, no it isn't. G-Saviour is chronologically the last entry into the Universal Century. Your logic on the later UC series being "their own thing" is flawed. They're apart of the timeline no matter how you look at it.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
Um, no it isn't. G-Saviour is chronologically the last entry into the Universal Century.

He said early UC.

Quote:
Your logic on the later UC series being "their own thing" is flawed. They're apart of the timeline no matter how you look at it.

Truthfully speaking, F91 and beyond are so far removed from the end of Unicorn that they may as well be an alt universe. Hell, G-Saviour is only one of many conclusion for the Universal Century: don't forget about Gaia Gear, Turn A Gundam and Reconguista
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1