• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
M3 the dark metal (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
I didn't expect to ever say this, but i liked Emiru more when she was acting like a total bitch.

I usually don't mind "whiny characters" in this kind of series, but it annoys me that almost all the females appear to be "whiny" or scared or sad or pining for Akashi~ most of the time (including that female researcher who's been especially irritating...) while most of the males - even if they are total creeps or batshit crazy or both - seem to be vaguely competent at the very least...
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Damn, first casualty in the team. And just when I start to like that character, too. Sad]

What's with this Heito guy, anyway? Does he feel sexual pleasure whenever "terror" comes in?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

They could have at least made spoiler[Emiru likeable long enough to appreciate her before killing her off]. She spoiler[spent the last of her time alone afraid, in the dark, unable to move and begging someone to help]. That is a really sad thing if you think about it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Plot twist! Well I kind of figured it out when the spoiler[new mech suddenly flew back all of a sudden]. It was at that moment that I suddenly put things together like why are there spoiler[so few of these good mecha, why is having a mental connection with team members something needed, and why the reaper causes mental instability]. The answer is that that the scientist was fully spoiler[telling the truth], Akashi would spoiler[learn about the truth of the Reaper, and Emiru was there, because she is the new mech]. The prototypes spoiler[are people, the scientist is trying to push them so each member of the pairs turns metal and create a powerful weapon for the other to pilot].

If that is true you might ask spoiler[who is the Reaper], and it is actually pretty obvious. The Reaper spoiler[is Akashi's brother, someone who tried going in earlier and we can conclude ended up as a tacky statue]. I have been saying to myself that I wished that I could like the show more, but it has felt a little directionless, but now it feels a little more like there has been a plot running underneath. Also surprise is that it makes the mad scientist kind of like spoiler[Kyubey], although he had his own emotional brand of crazy this episode.

My thought on the corpse, I wonder if it was something like aspoiler[ twin to the one that looks like it].
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I started watching again with episode 4, but I just couldn't take Emiru anymore and quit halfway through. Now you're telling me spoiler[they killed her off. But she's a mech now. So if I come back, I get the payoff of her dying, but still don't get rid of her?] I'm just trying to decide whether to keep with this or not. If spoiler[she's still going to be in it,] I won't waste my time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I started watching again with episode 4, but I just couldn't take Emiru anymore and quit halfway through. Now you're telling me spoiler[they killed her off. But she's a mech now. So if I come back, I get the payoff of her dying, but still don't get rid of her?] I'm just trying to decide whether to keep with this or not. If spoiler[she's still going to be in it,] I won't waste my time.

That is ironic since many viewers actually started to like spoiler[Emiru quite a bit when they start characterising her a bit better].
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to imagine any way they could redeem her for me, unless she got a total personality transplant, and that would be so lame I couldn't stand that either.

So spoiler[she is still in this]? If so, I'm out. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
So spoiler[she is still in this]? If so, I'm out. Smile

If you countspoiler[ being a mech that cannot speak, no way to express personality, and ptobably only interacting with one crazy dude and turned off otherwise]. Sure.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Sh*t man! So that's what those synchro tests & pairings are for? This is one sick idea! Shocked

That said... they did give several vague, indirect hints here and there, for instance:
spoiler[
1) When Akashi confronts his sister (in law?) about the possibility of negative feelings coming from those Argent killed, she awkwardly rejected the idea.
2) Dat old cliché: Unless the body is shown, any character's "death" cannot be fully confirmed.
3) The head scientist throws a fit when she expressed doubt over the LIM system.
4) "It is way too creepy for a machine."
]

Still... yeah, I wasn't sharp enough to take the hints.

Now it's interesting to see if the head scientist will be ruthless enough to
spoiler[sacrifice more pilots to create more human-Reaper combo.]
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I've been on the verge of quitting this show all season long, but they always manage to do just enough to keep me watching. I was going to finally say no more, but this last episode piqued my curiosity enough to make me say again, "ok, just one more episode." Laughing
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh, noes!
spoiler[Another one is doomed. She's not among my favorite characters in the team, yet I don't want her to die that fast. Sad]

Still unable to understand Akashi's hatred toward his brother. All those flashbacks tell me he's both a loving brother and husband. And it's not like he made it up. I suspect jealousy, though. Confused
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

The show is sure taking its time actually coming out and saying what most of us figured out last week.

It does seem for his kind of unfound spoiler[hatred / complex over his brother is causing him problems with the mind sharing]. This episode spoiler[Akashi got to share a memory of his brother having sex, and we got to see child Heito wet himself]. Does that count as a win?
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
This episode spoiler[Akashi got to share a memory of his brother having sex, and we got to see child Heito wet himself]. Does that count as a win?

It's like the creators are screaming at me: "Look how dark and broody we are!!!"
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:

It's like the creators are screaming at me: "Look how dark and broody we are!!!"

That's basically the entire show in an nutshell for me. Which is why i can't take it seriously...or get emotionally involved in any way.

But i still seem to...um...enjoy it on some level, or else i would have stopped watching a long time ago, i suppose.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
I'm rapidly loosing interest in this show, so I figure I'll watch till the end of the spring season and put it on hold for a later date if it doesn't improve
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6