• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
M3 the dark metal (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
At this point I just want to see how badly this is going to trainwreck, probably epic Guilty Crown style, because spoiler[this is apparently going to be one of those kill 'em all series and I hate just about every single character in the show so I'm looking forward to seeing how they bite the dust.] *Grabs popcorn*
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Big surprise, except became pretty obvious to the audience back in episode 7 that it was a bit sad to see him completely miss it. Well by my post it was clear that I figured it out at least.

Despite that and Akashi being a bit of a pain, it was a pretty solid episode in my opinion, there were some emotionally poignant moments. Forgive me not looking up names right now, but as the series been hinting that spoiler[the girl who has been singing looked different in the past while there was someone that looked the way she does now]?

And the scientist is at least entertaining. And it was only part way through the episode that I finally thought of a funny similarity to Pacific Rim, being spoiler[two brother connected mentally through a mech].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

"So how did the mission go?"
"spoiler[Well I abandoned my mech, wondered around lost for a while, found them, Heito looked pretty high and watched the corpse walk off with them just as I got there. I started to turn, which is surprising as Heito did not seem to despite being in there for so long, but I solved a lot of my personal issues]."

Probably not as bad as it sounds. We do have some plot move forward more about the spoiler[ghostly figure, the people inside the mechs can appear like that as if someone has been recycling ADAM]. That's a Bioshock joke.
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:56 am Reply with quote
I think the show's playing a game of spoiler["How dead can Emiru get?". At this point she's pretty much dead... right?]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
did the spoiler[corpse take her or is she still in the robot]? that part wasn't clear to me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Death flag

Not sure if it is one but it sure sounded like it. Also are those two spoiler[twins]?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

What is the sin? Who is that girl?
Stop teasing!

A somewhat confusing episode with the continual shift between memories and real, but I did not hate it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

Did not expect spoiler[Sasame to be turned into a core so suddenly, her partner goes off at Akashi], and it has the expected effect. spoiler[Losing the one thing he decided he had left for him Akashi pretty much loses motivation], and then he spoiler[goes nuts on the Corpse], which is a delight to watch. And yet the characters are apparently surprised, well know it all nice guy who kind of feels creepy now apparently does not realise spoiler[along with Sasame that people can kind of go nuts when you take away their light]. I find it hard to believe that the adults involved would not see that happening.

Stuff happened, and it was interesting, also spoiler[Emiru (robot) is back]. Was that a coconut?
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, a lone warrior in this thread. Seems like discussion about this show is pretty much dead in the water everywhere now.

Ahhh, well anyway, episode 13. I kinda just wish Mr. midget know-it-all nice guy spoiler[would just die already]. He has pissed me off from day 1 and with each successive episode had only managed to boil my blood more. Admittedly, it's a generally unlikeable cast of characters but I find it amazing how I prefer characters like Emiru and Heito to him. He is that anger inducing to me.

Really not surprised by Akashi's actions in the episode either. My own thought process watching the episode led to similar conclusions. Like, of course spoiler[he'd get mad and angry]. At least if spoiler[he'd failed or taken too long to kill the Corpse he would know it was his own failure]. That would lead to alot of spoiler[sadness and despair and emotional self punishment but at least you know it was your own failure].

By spoiler[turning her early] all they did was spoiler[ add anger and rage to the sadness and despair of the situation]. Knowing spoiler[it wasn't exactly your fault and you weren't given the full opportunity] in the situation will always give a more volatile reaction. Or at least it would for me.

Overall though I'm still enjoying it, even if pretty much everyone else has abandoned the show now. Not that it doesn't have it flaws, I just don't think it's as bad as the severe lack of interest in it makes out.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14

First off, the new OP is terrible, it is way too happy to actually match the series. Secondly, the new ED is awesome, for one thing it sung by nano so that alone is a great indicator she does a great job with singing.

I liked this episode. The scientist is really starting to come across as hilarious for how crazy he acts and get away with, I kind of expect him to turn into a total evil because that is how those things usually happen, but really he is entertaining. This episode was spoiler[Mahmu and Emiru] focused, they really have done a good job at making spoiler[Emiru likable] and adding into this episode was very positive. That spoiler[Emiru apparently] was the only one who realised that spoiler[Mahmu just wanted someone to pay attention to her], and they actually spoiler[understand each other in that regard]. I will tell the truth, my eyes got a bit watery there. The episode also had some positive use of atmosphere, which I really think that they can do if it tries hard enough.

The show is currently in my good graces now.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I didn't think the new OP song was terrible but yeah, I like the previous one better since it kept the mood better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15

Finally! We get a spoiler[name], the spoiler[girl that looks like Sasame is called Tsugumi, a member of the group that apparently only Minashi remembers], and there seems to be some spoiler[bad blood between, perhaps they are triplets].

Not sure if I have said this before, but one thing I really like about this show is some of its music, more specifically when it manages to incorporate it into an almost creepy atmosphere feel. I would say one part that kept me in was such uses of sound like that really atmospheric whistle music, or the corpse's moans. I thought this episodes was especially atmospheric, and is the better in my opinion. The tone of this episode was pretty great.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 15

Finally! We get a spoiler[name], the spoiler[girl that looks like Sasame is called Tsugumi, a member of the group that apparently only Minashi remembers], and there seems to be some spoiler[bad blood between, perhaps they are triplets].

From what's been suggested spoiler[Sasame didn't like how well Tsugumi was getting along with Akashi, so her and Minashi comitted some sort of 'sin' to get Tsugumi out of the picture. Probably resulting in Tsugumi getting trapped in the Lightless Realm.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

Cool, we finally pretty much know everything, at least how it all started, the sins, the song, the children. The spoiler[island or village that the triplets lived on was getting quarantined, everything burnet to the ground, under orders the children then took the infant Corpse to Tokyo is enact revenge]. The spoiler[triplets started the dark world, they then met the other children, they had a really good time, and Akashi said that he would never leave Tsugumi, it seemed they were closer than he was with Sasame]. What went wrong next was that the spoiler[rest of the children saw the destruction caused by the Lightless realm and in a panic ran, Tsugumi feeling that she had been abandoned then fused with the Corpse], and then we saw the scene referenced many times. The sin committed is spoiler[that they did not stay after they said they would].

Characters might not agree with me, but I was really hoping that spoiler[mad scientist would live.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, lots of answers but of course some new questions. spoiler[Where'd the islanders get the Corpse in the first place? Why were they wiped out?]

I was expecting the episode to end with spoiler[something bad happening to Raika and Iwato.] That didn't happen, but I fear something might in the next episode. I hope not, I want them to both make it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6