• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
POWERpuff girls z

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
If you seen powerpuff girls z then cool.

But if they brought it to american how cool would it be if they had the original english voice cast from the american version to dub the anime!

I watched the first ep but i dont like how they just naturally knew to tranform. plus how blossom is now dee dee dee.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:12 am Reply with quote
So Blossom is a dee dee-dee now huh...now it all makes sense to me. Just for those who didn't get that watch Carlos Mencia. I haven't seen any yet but I read an article about it. It struck me as odd they would do this. I mean the show kinda died off real quick here from what I can gather. Maybe in Japan it stayed big. I only caught the occasional episode while channel surfing, I did like Mojo Jojo. He was cool. Did they basically give it some punk rock look to it now?
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
I only saw the first episode of this; and I was drastically disappointed. However, I have a feeling I'm gonna have to endure it.
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying PPGZ. Granted it's a lot different from the original, but it's still very entertaining. My favorite episode so far has to be spoiler[the gay hairdresser who turns into "Him."] It cracks me up.
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote
They retained the awesome of Mojo and Princess, but Fuzzy's VA sounds completely off. He doesn't sound nearly stupid enough. :(

The Amoeba Boys being even more pathetic is highly amusing however.

Next episode I have to watch is Sedusa's intro.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Kilgamayan wrote:
They retained the awesome of Mojo and Princess, but Fuzzy's VA sounds completely off. He doesn't sound nearly stupid enough. Sad

The Amoeba Boys being even more pathetic is highly amusing however.

Next episode I have to watch is Sedusa's intro.

everyone making me not give up on it. especially ifspoiler[hims a gay hairdresser] lol
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Unless they've quit voice-acting in the interim, I would be very, very surprised if the bulk of the American vocal cast doesn't return, considering that CN got Powerpuff Girls Z by default (since it's their property) and will almost certainly be dubbing it "in-house".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Unless they've quit voice-acting in the interim, I would be very, very surprised if the bulk of the American vocal cast doesn't return, considering that CN got Powerpuff Girls Z by default (since it's their property) and will almost certainly be dubbing it "in-house".

I COULD see some of the voice cast being too busy to return, but I can see a lot of the original cast making time to dub this series.

If it doesn't use the original cast, though, there's plenty of good voice actresses that could take over. I can see Jessica Boone doing Bubbles, for example.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1