Forum - View topic
Report Abusive PMs Here

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
ANN Publisher & CEO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately PM's don't have a "report" feature. We'll take care of that eventually (limited resources).

In the meantime, please report any abusive posts here.

Please post

1) The USER's Name
2) The ID# of the post (ie: the bold part from the URL animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/privmsg.php?folder=inbox&mode=read&p=181787 )
3) A copy of the post.

NOTHING ELSE. This thread is not for discussions.

Once the issue is dealt with (ie: the user banned), your post will be edited by the admin who dealt with the issue (the copy of the original post will be deleted).
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I think Shiratori1/Himeko90 is back:

Osaka2002

ID#: 184270
[edit:removed -t]

[/quote]
tuxedocat
He started itHe started it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I also got one of these. ^^^ exactly like mdo

Osaka2002 (I believe this guy also runs an aggregating site, or did at one time.)

You would think that these guys could try to be more authentic and personalize their hate, but it is probably too much work. Mostly, I find these things moderately hilarious, but the guy at least needs to be banned for being so unoriginal. Razz
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Banned.

Lemme know when he comes back, I'll ban that too. Also he does make individual image macros for people, mine are personalized like this!
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Banned.

Lemme know when he comes back, I'll ban that too. Also he does make individual image macros for people, mine are personalized like this!

Thanks Zac, I was waiting for that. I'll keep my eyes out if he comes back.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
He already did, already got rid of him again.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
He already did, already got rid of him again.

Zac, I assumed this is the person you banned, right:

user name: ムギまる

message ID#: 184433

[edit:removed -t]
[/quote]
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
Yes, please don't keep posting his stupid image macros here, we don't need to see them over and over and over again. He sends the same garbage to everyone.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Yes, please don't keep posting his stupid image macros here, we don't need to see them over and over and over again. He sends the same garbage to everyone.

Oh sorry, I'll refrain from doing that if the next abusive PMs I get is the same like the above. But thanks for telling me you ban that troll. But be careful Zac, he may return.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Username: #824131
ID: #185027

getchman
Pirate KingPirate King

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing infamoustakai got an angry, incoherent PM as well
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I'm guessing infamoustakai got an angry, incoherent PM as well

I did.

Username:824131

mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote
I see the serial rage spammer is back, nice to know he's not backing down. Rolling Eyes
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:44 am Reply with quote
Probably not the right place to report this since the PM isn't abusive at all, but a dying Christian Cambodian woman (user ID is 824237) wants to give me 8.3 million dollars. I'm just assuming that other users have gotten or will get the same message.

Quote:
Dearest one,

I do sincerely apologize for my intrusion of your privacy, I have a serious concern with which I believe you might be of help and for this reason, I cannot but reach out to you. My name is,Mrs Rita Chung. A Nationality of Cambodia
I am married to late Mr. David Chung, who worked with the United Nation Office in Iraq for 18 years before he was killed in a Car bomb accident along side with my daughter Helen when she went there for a visit.
We were a dedicated Christians (Catholic) and decided to serve mankind to the best of our ability. Since his death, I have lived with ! the memories, fighting effortlessly to live a normal life but all to no avail.
I suffered mentally and psychologically and shortly was diagnosed of Cancer. I lived with the scourge praying earnestly for divine intervention. Just 4 days ago, the doctor informed me that I have just about two weeks more to live. I was not shocked. I accepted the news in good fate.
My dear beloved, it is in this regard that I write to you, having sourced you after fervent prayers. Before my husband died, he deposited a sum of $8.3Million (Eight Million, Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) with a Bank.
I alone have the deposit details and they will release the deposit to no one unless I instruct them to do so. They are simply awaiting instructions to release the deposit to any party that I may direct. This is the situation. I will simply nominate you as the next of kin and have them release the deposit to you.
I have wholeheartedly decided to donate the entirety of this fund to any devoted believer or organization and to achieve this, I need an individual that will utilize this funds adherently for these purposes:
1: For the sick, less-privileged and destitute.
2: For the Widows and the motherless babies e.t.c.
3: orphanages, Research centers and widows propagating.
4. To adopt children and give them good future

These are the wishes of a dying woman. They are the desires of my heart, hence my decision as I do not have a child to take over my inheritance. Please, understand that I am not doing this because of fear of death as I am certain where my place already is.
When I receive your response, I will direct you at once to an attorney who shall assist you with the deposit portfolio transfer of ownership procedures.
All I need from you is Truthfulness, Honesty and Sincerity assuring me that you can in all honesty and obedience utilize the funds for the purpose with which it is meant.
In any a case, a quick response from you will be highly appreciated as I am already on a count-down and may not have ample time to finalize the procedures. Any delay in response may compel me to source for other measures or perhaps choose the alternative which I will not be happy to. Please, do not see this as a strange possibility or an unbelievable Opportunity to make wealth, rather see this as a rare chance to assist the less privileged in truth and in spirit with a substance.
Do not betray my confidence in you.please reply me on my personal email which ... (I deleted that bit)
I insist that you reply me via this address.

I await your immediate response.
Thank You and Bless You richly!
Mrs Rita Chung

Rolling Eyes
Alan45
Village ElderVillage Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote
I got the same offer from Ms. Chung. Same user name.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3