• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer for PS Vita's 1st Gameplay Video Debuts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samo2222

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Honestly can't say that I'm as impressed by this game as I want to be. Hopefully we get to see a better gameplay later.
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote
Honestly, the game doesn't look that bad for a vita game, but that's just my opinion since the only game I've played that had tank mechanics was Battlefield 3.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
That looks so COOL. While we can't get a new Valkyria Chronicles I'd definitely get this if it was localized!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:11 am Reply with quote
Didn't they delay this game to look like that?
7jaws7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
I wonder if you can pull off Mako's badass tank maneuvering skills of the do-or-die swerve around the enemy flagtank Very Happy
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't the PS Vita supposed to have "the power of the PS3"?

I ask because the 3d graphics in this video look more like a PS2 game than a PS3 game. They put some effort into the tanks but the terrain, the towns and even the girl sticking out of the tank look awful. The graphics in the town were so awful that I was flashing back to the N64 game BattleTanx: Global Assault.

Graphics aside, the gameplay in this looked awful. Worse than the aforementioned BattleTanx game.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:

Nope. No idea where you got that. It's still waaaaaaay more powerful than, say, the 3DS.

Anyway, I was pretty disappointed to see the Matilda get shot from behind, where its armor is weak, and the HP bar dropped just about the same as when it was shot head on. You'd think they'd at least try to work in armor considering how vital that is in tank skirmishes in general (and the show itself).
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:

I ask because the 3d graphics in this video look more like a PS2 game than a PS3 game. They put some effort into the tanks but the terrain, the towns and even the girl sticking out of the tank look awful. The graphics in the town were so awful that I was flashing back to the N64 game BattleTanx: Global Assault.

You're judging a platform's hardware potential from a cheap licensed game? C'mon man. Vita's weaker than PS3, but considerably stronger than a PS2, and most first party games demonstrate that. A game like Killzone Mercenary wouldn't look out of place on a PS3.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1