• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Iron Man, Wolverine Anime's U.S. Debut Dated July 29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Boo Robert Downey Jr isn't going to voice Stark. I am disappoint. Meh, still happy that these shows are finally making their way to the States though.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I think I'll be passing up on Iron Man after watching the first three episodes. I'll be giving Wolverine a shot though.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:01 am Reply with quote
I haven't watched either simply because it feels like it needs English voices being from an English origin but I'm not holding my breath for either to be good. I've heard many mixed things about Iron Man, and Wolverine just looks dumb. It would be alright if it was just some random new Japanese thing, but it does not look like Wolverine AT ALL. It's not even just a new makeover on the character, it's changing everything that makes him Wolverine in the first place, and then adding girlish elements to completely ruin the character, though he is suppose to be like an animal, so it makes no sense.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote
Iron Man isnt even worth watching it just so dumb but Wolverine now that one was awesome and worth it
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Hope this gets screened at NYCC/NYAF as well. I was wondering when this was coming out. Any word on a TV airing or DVD release yet?
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Hope this gets screened at NYCC/NYAF as well. I was wondering when this was coming out. Any word on a TV airing or DVD release yet?

Uh...

[quote=The Article]The American television channel G4 announced that its joint premiere date for MADHOUSE's anime adaptations of Marvel's Iron Man and Wolverine characters will be Friday, July 29. The first Iron Man episode will run at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT, followed by Wolverine at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT.[/quote]
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Uh...

The Article wrote:
The American television channel G4 announced that its joint premiere date for MADHOUSE's anime adaptations of Marvel's Iron Man and Wolverine characters will be Friday, July 29. The first Iron Man episode will run at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT, followed by Wolverine at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT.
tsunayakuin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:00 am Reply with quote
Anyone know if Iron Man Armored Adventures season 2 is still going happen?
jsc315

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Good to see the x-men anime coming eventually. Out of all these I liked it the best.

tsunayakuin wrote:

I's hope so even though it's a Disney property its a fun show
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quote
tsunayakuin wrote:

Yes, they've aired promos and clips for it. It airs July 13th
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Uh...

The Article wrote:
The American television channel G4 announced that its joint premiere date for MADHOUSE's anime adaptations of Marvel's Iron Man and Wolverine characters will be Friday, July 29. The first Iron Man episode will run at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT, followed by Wolverine at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT.

Oops. I must've missed that. I guess I jumped the gun and stated that because I thought it was on a cable station that I didn't have. I found out that I am able to get G4 so now I can get the chance. Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1