• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku to Open For Lady Gaga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seiru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Ah I would really like to see Hatsune Miku but 4-5 hours just to get to the nearest one and 4-5 hours back and the bus money?And also the ticket price just to hear Miku for 1 hour...Darn I'll just hope for another miracle.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh snap they are playing at Madison!

..Arrrrg I don't know if I should try and go or not >.<
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
It's like when everybody went to that Adam Sandler movie just to see the first trailer for Phantom Menace--
I'd love to see the promoters' reactions when they see half the sold-out audience walk out after the opening act. Very Happy

Last edited by EricJ2 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
How are they gonna
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
WhyThis wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:
the guy with the big tranny sunglasses is the fake one. Razz

(Look, sir, quit trying to buy a piece of everybody you think you're the only one you're a fan of.)

No you look, these slurs cannot be thrown around willy-nilly by you. It doesn't matter how you feel about Gaga or her music, you're disgusting using such language, go educate your sorry ass.

"Disgusting"? Uh, overreacting a tad, there? Confused
When exactly did I say "she" always had to cover up "her" disturbingly lil'-piggy male eyes that always destroyed the illusion, and pretend it was a fashion trend? Razz
(And I didn't even MENTION the shoulders or hands, where are you getting all this?)

This isn't any different from you using unacceptable slurs for any other minority.

I know, I know, you're just a hilariously edgy guy who doesn't bow down to the PC police, but I wouldn't let you use the N-word or the F-word around here either. "Disgusting" is the proper word for the way you're behaving about this. Take the ugly schoolyard namecalling elsewhere.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Huh, that's coming to my home town (Mohegan Sun), if I cared at all about Lady Gaga or Vocaloids... I'd be pretty hype.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Awww only if I had some green I can go to Seattle
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, thanks for mentioning Crayon pop in the article, really find that K-pop girl group cute, their recent MV is almost reaching 3 million views. Most of all, looks like both Crayon Pop and Miku will be in good hand with Gaga.

A little off topic: Billboard reported that Lady Gaga will be in Seoul joining with PSY, and 2NE1 at a music festival.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Does Lady Gaga realize that it is a bad idea when the virtual opening act sounds more like a real person than her auto-tuned albums? LOL
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
Does Lady Gaga realize that it is a bad idea when the virtual opening act sounds more like a real person than her auto-tuned albums? LOL

A lot of artists use autotune, even your favorite artists/musician probably use them too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
zensunni wrote:

A lot of artists use autotune, even your favorite artists/musician probably use them too.

Yes, but better to have a computer trying to sound human, than EVERY SINGLE HUMAN IN THE POP INDUSTRY TODAY trying to sound like a computer.

(Also, being computer-generated icons, Vocaloids never act goofy, melt down, or do overly hyperdefensive covers of Dirty Laundry or It's My Life when the tabloids start complaining...
Although I wouldn't mind seeing Miku do a Muppets special once in a while.)
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:

Not a problem for a live concert, Lady Gaga can sing.

Interestingly enough, I've always thought that her appearance in the Mugler Amen Fashion / Black Jesus video looked as though it was inspired by Miku in some way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dik6tyeroQg

(Mainly the turquoise twintails and the buck teeth. The buck teeth aren't Miku's, but iirc it was a fashion trend quite a bit in East Asian countries)
Setsura1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Dear god...why?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

Miku's real, the guy with the big tranny sunglasses is the fake one. Razz

Anime/J-pop fans should be the last to complain, what with visual kei and male singers that look like females. Very Happy

EricJ2 wrote:
It's like when everybody went to that Adam Sandler movie just to see the first trailer for Phantom Menace--
I'd love to see the promoters' reactions when they see half the sold-out audience walk out after the opening act. Very Happy

They wouldn't care - the tickets are already fully paid!
It just gives more room up front for people to move up to. Laughing

zensunni wrote:

Miku still sounds auto-tune to us.

Setsura1 wrote:

Dear god...why?

Probably because Miku needs more publicity and Japanese love Lady Gaga.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Anybody hoping for a duet?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5