• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fatal Frame/Project Zero Horror Franchise Gets New Wii U Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I can definitely see the Wii U Gamepad being used as the Camera Obscura.
MadHi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I guess we can kiss the possibility of this coming on PS3 and PS4 goodbye.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Fatal farm with the Wii U gamepad? An awesome mix.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if this one actually gets localized.....
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:

I can see xseed doing a localization if there is enough fans willing to let their voice known.

Also It's time I get a wii-u, thank you japan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I think the Wii U gamepad is stupid, but using it as the camera obscura definitely has potential to be extremely awesome. I'm not sure if we'll see a release in the states, but it'll probably come out in Europe,
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I can't even get excited about this since the last two games haven't been licensed in America. Plus I've never been a Wii fan.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
MadHi wrote:
I guess we can kiss the possibility of this coming on PS3 and PS4 goodbye.
Well yes, you should have given up on that years ago since Nintendo has a stake in the franchisee.

Though hopefully they aren't god awful and actually release this in the US. Which they should, because they sure could keep building thier WiiU library up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
I think the Wii U gamepad is stupid, but using it as the camera obscura definitely has potential to be extremely awesome. I'm not sure if we'll see a release in the states, but it'll probably come out in Europe,

I don't know, that Gamepad feature of off-TV mode makes it immensely useful in sharing the TV while still being able to play some games on the pad. Not to mention searching through some stuff like Youtube and Netflix is SO much easier than going through the TV's apps.

Now if only we get some really good asymmetrical gaming that can really use the pad's full potential as well.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:51 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

I can see xseed doing a localization if there is enough fans willing to let their voice known.

More likely Nintendo Europe I would say. Since Fatal Frame 4 was announced for EU and Fatal Frame 2 Wii Edition was released. They seem pretty willing.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
At first I was like "Ug..not the Wii-U" but then I realized that this game would fit just perfect as a Wii-U game.
...So I'm quite interested in how the controls work and how well they respond even though I don't have a Wii-U (yet, I'll get one eventually, I'm sure) and I'm unsure if this will get localized.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:

If the day comes that a new fatal frame and SMTxFireEmblem are both in a NA store, as physical releases, Ill run out and buy a wii U
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

If the day comes that a new fatal frame and SMTxFireEmblem are both in a NA store, as physical releases, Ill run out and buy a wii U

Well then let your voice be heard, gather up as many fans as you can let Nintendo know we want this game localized.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I don't actually think Nintendo gives a rat's ass what "fans" want.

I'm sure someone will throw "but what about Operation rainfall".

That dosen't actually fill me with confidence. It took them forever to bring out games that already had full localizations. On top of that they were poorly done. I'm almost pretty sure that Gamestop had more to do with getting Xenoblade actually out here in a pretty limited release.

Pandora and Last Story had to be given to Xseed to be released because Nintendo of America couldn't be bothered with them.

On top of that you had Project Zero 2 Wii and the other Monolith Wii game never receive US releases despite being in English. This isn't even talking about other niche titles that NoE and NoA passed on like Soma Bringer and Zangeki no Reginleiv.

When it comes to niche games NoA is pretty bad to inconsistent. I'd say with the disaster that is the Wii U, they'd do anything to be drum up support, but even then what they have done has been pretty safe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Yeah I don't actually think Nintendo gives a rat's ass what "fans" want.

I'm sure someone will throw "but what about Operation rainfall".

That dosen't actually fill me with confidence. It took them forever to bring out games that already had full localizations. On top of that they were poorly done. I'm almost pretty sure that Gamestop had more to do with getting Xenoblade actually out here in a pretty limited release.

Pandora and Last Story had to be given to Xseed to be released because Nintendo of America couldn't be bothered with them.

On top of that you had Project Zero 2 Wii and the other Monolith Wii game never receive US releases despite being in English. This isn't even talking about other niche titles that NoE and NoA passed on like Soma Bringer and Zangeki no Reginleiv.

When it comes to niche games NoA is pretty bad to inconsistent. I'd say with the disaster that is the Wii U, they'd do anything to be drum up support, but even then what they have done has been pretty safe.

I'm not going to cite operation rainfall or anything here for getting those rpgs localized. All I'm saying is let our voices be heard and let Nintendo that some of us are actually willing to buy a wii-u for a title like this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1