• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest Series Creator: Next Game Is in Production

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wojtini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
So...

RIP again Hunter x Hunter [*]
creepleader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
on nooooooooo
i hope togashi dosnt know or else
RIP HxH
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
What does Hunter X Hunter have to do with DQ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
What does Hunter X Hunter have to do with DQ?

The writer going on hiatus to play video games is a running gag with discussion of that series.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy about this news! I'll be even happier if they release it in the West. I was kind upset that DQX never came out here...
Shankusu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:
So...

Exactly what I was thinking, lol.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
People joked that the reason HxH goes on hiatus a lot is because Yoshihiro Togashi slacks off and plays the newest "Dragon Quest" game.

Hopefully, this game takes a while to come out. Not only because it'll buy us more time for HxH, but the fact that we waited three years for FFXIV: ARR showed that SE can still make good games if they put the time in it.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I remember being hooked on DQVIII for PS2, have they been any good since then?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
People joked that the reason HxH goes on hiatus a lot is because Yoshihiro Togashi slacks off and plays the newest "Dragon Quest" game.

Hopefully, this game takes a while to come out. Not only because it'll buy us more time for HxH, but the fact that we waited three years for FFXIV: ARR showed that SE can still make good games if they put the time in it.
A DQ game being good kind of has less to do with Square.

While I don't think that crap called ARR shows anything, it also dosen't matter here. 10 is the only internally developed DQ game. It's Amour Project(Yuji Hori) that comes up with the game design and then another external party does the game development/grunt work/other things. For 9 and 8 it was Level 5. For previous games it's been Heartbeat and ArtePiazza.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Surprised DQ10 still hasn't been released over here yet.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Surprised DQ10 still hasn't been released over here yet.

Are you really surprised that a subscription based MMO tied to a franchise with middling success over here hasn't been localized? That's before we get into the original platform choices, though the PC version would help.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:
So...

it will take SE atleast 2-4 year before releasing the game, so no problem for now. HxH will be ok for now.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Wojtini wrote:
So...

it will take SE atleast 2-4 year before releasing the game, so no problem for now. HxH will be ok for now.
Again, it's not known if Square is actually developing the game. They only have made one installment themselves. Plus, it has a good chance of not even being on a HD system where Square has had problems. Regardless of the fact they they have gotten better at HD development, it's not like they ever had problems getting out handheld games.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Wojtini wrote:
So...

Again, it's not known if Square is actually developing the game. They only have made one installment themselves. Plus, it has a good chance of not even being on a HD system where Square has had problems. Regardless of the fact they they have gotten better at HD development, it's not like they ever had problems getting out handheld games.

not sure what are you talking about. I don't care who is developing the game. SE decides when the game will be release. SE makes all the important decisions, they can hire whoever they want to make the game. IF they want the game to be in 3DS, you can't make it for PS4, if they want it to be online, you can't make it offline.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Wojtini wrote:
So...

not sure what are you talking about. I don't care who is developing the game. SE decides when the game will be release. SE makes all the important decisions, they can hire whoever they want to make the game. IF they want the game to be in 3DS, you can't make it for PS4, if they want it to be online, you can't make it offline.
Sorry, I read your post as a comment on Square's inability to get out games quickly.

Though actually, I wouldn't doubt Yuji Hori/Amour Project's role in the important decisions.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2