• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: YTV Applies To Launch Anime Channel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I also commented on the CRTC website

I'm not so pleased on the target demography, can they still air shows under that age specific group?

I commented that it was a good idea (the channel) however the age demographic should be older teens +
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Zinjo wrote:
Then follow the online prompts and you are done.

Don't forget to send a copy to YTV by fax, mail or e-mail. As per the CRTC, your comments are invalid unless a copy is also sent to the applicant (YTV).

-t
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Zinjo wrote:

Don't forget to send a copy to YTV by fax, mail or e-mail. As per the CRTC, your comments are invalid unless a copy is also sent to the applicant (YTV).

-t

Wow, I'm so glad I clicked on the checkmark that sent a comment to the applicant.

(Pats Back).

I just hope that if this channel is allowed, that it isn't super expensive and that YTV's original station isn't forgotten (meaning that the programming dept doesn't forget about anime on Ytv).

Can The Anime Channel air shows that is a lower demographic than adults?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Mozilla wrote:
tempest wrote:
Zinjo wrote:

-t

Wow, I'm so glad I clicked on the checkmark that sent a comment to the applicant.

(Pats Back).

I just hope that if this channel is allowed, that it isn't super expensive and that YTV's original station isn't forgotten (meaning that the programming dept doesn't forget about anime on Ytv).

Can The Anime Channel air shows that is a lower demographic than adults?

Yes, they can. One of the station representatives already clarified that. The station is likely only being classified this way so that they won't be held accountable as a kid's station.

I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting them NOT to air. You're taking the age thing a little too seriously, especially if you bothered to point it out to the CRTC.
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
No, I mean the only major thing I've pointed out to the CRTC is that the demographic audience should remain Older Teens/Adults simply because I won't subscribe to something that straight Hentai or something (exaggeration).

The underlying message, I hope its age appropiate where timeslots are conserned, I mean I do hope that they don't show POKEMON at all but at the same context I don't expect them to air GITS.

Does that make sence?
animedudde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Why dont you expect them to air GITS? Wouldnt that be kind of the 'target audiance' this channel is aiming for respectively?
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quote
animedudde wrote:
Why don't you expect them to air GITS? Wouldnt that be kind of the 'target audiance' this channel is aiming for respectively?

No I mean I don't expect them to air Ghost in the Shell in a really early timeslot ......
Jay Navi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:44 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Mozilla"][quote="animedudde"]Why don't you expect them to air GITS? Wouldnt that be kind of the 'target audiance' this channel is aiming for respectively?[/quote]

No I mean I don't expect them to air Ghost in the Shell in a really early timeslot ......[/quote]

Well, why didn't you say that in the first place? Also, I too wanna see some subs... I wonder what that'd be like... *imagines watching some subs on TV instead of on computer* Anyway... I've said this before and I'll say it again, actually I haven't said this before... But I'm sayin it now... "(begging voice) Please, oh please won't you give the ok for this station. Please!..." *Someone slaps /me upside the head* "Jaadowgg! Get a hold of yourself!" /me lies there unconcience...
Ztarr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:01 am Reply with quote
Zinjo wrote:
Ztarr wrote:
Teletoon seems to be a really good supporter of Canadian content, and small shows that other channels wouldn't pick up. I wish they would make more Undergrads and Clone High.

An all anime channel sounds great...although I must admit I'm sick and tired of InuYasha, Naruto, and Full Metal Alchemist.

Teletoon has already officially stated that it will never run anime shows on that channel, eventhough the hypocrites claim to be a channel that airs "international" animated programming.

The Anime channel will not run kids shows, it is geared toward the mature and adult anime market, shows like Ergo proxy, Evnagelion, Gankutsuou and Cowboy Bebop, would find a home there, as well as the more adult themed animated movies, that you wouldn't want you kids seeing.

Anime cry I wanna see NANA!

I know....but I can dream, can't I?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:08 am Reply with quote
Ztarr wrote:
Zinjo wrote:
Ztarr wrote:
Teletoon seems to be a really good supporter of Canadian content, and small shows that other channels wouldn't pick up. I wish they would make more Undergrads and Clone High.

An all anime channel sounds great...although I must admit I'm sick and tired of InuYasha, Naruto, and Full Metal Alchemist.

Teletoon has already officially stated that it will never run anime shows on that channel, eventhough the hypocrites claim to be a channel that airs "international" animated programming.

The Anime channel will not run kids shows, it is geared toward the mature and adult anime market, shows like Ergo proxy, Evnagelion, Gankutsuou and Cowboy Bebop, would find a home there, as well as the more adult themed animated movies, that you wouldn't want you kids seeing.

Anime cry I wanna see NANA!

I know....but I can dream, can't I?

Honestly, I think they should air NANA on YTV. But it needs to get licensed first.
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Jaadowgg wrote:
Mozilla wrote:
animedudde wrote:
Why don't you expect them to air GITS? Wouldnt that be kind of the 'target audiance' this channel is aiming for respectively?

No I mean I don't expect them to air Ghost in the Shell in a really early timeslot ......

Well, why didn't you say that in the first place? Also, I too wanna see some subs... I wonder what that'd be like... *imagines watching some subs on TV instead of on computer* Anyway... I've said this before and I'll say it again, actually I haven't said this before... But I'm sayin it now... "(begging voice) Please, oh please won't you give the ok for this station. Please!..." *Someone slaps /me upside the head* "Jaadowgg! Get a hold of yourself!" /me lies there unconcience...

Actually I did say that in my first post, I said that I hope that its in an appropiate timeslot.
animedudde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, considering the channel is aimed at adults, the timeslot shouldnt be a problem. Remember, Razer, a channel aimed at Teens airs Basilisk and Trinity blood at 5:30pm and 6:00pm on thursdays. As far as I know, Basilisk is much worse than SAC, so even if GITS does air earlier than youd think appropriate, it will still be uncut... probably, I may be jumping ahead of myself here though, because YTV and Razer are clearly completely different networks with different bases to catagorize their shows. Razz
Damonloveless

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:04 am Reply with quote
animedudde wrote:
Well, considering the channel is aimed at adults, the timeslot shouldnt be a problem. Remember, Razer, a channel aimed at Teens airs Basilisk and Trinity blood at 5:30pm and 6:00pm on thursdays. As far as I know, Basilisk is much worse than SAC, so even if GITS does air earlier than youd think appropriate, it will still be uncut... probably, I may be jumping ahead of myself here though, because YTV and Razer are clearly completely different networks with different bases to catagorize their shows. Razz

I believe i may have covered the razr thing already. but anyway if this channel is directed to adult viewers then what would be the point in censoring the shows? Seriously, it should be ok!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5