• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about custom art boxes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Oh man, if he sends you a mock up for Master Keaton, show me! I might just want that too...

I saw on your other thread, I hadn't even considered asking for manga boxes, though the ones I'd really want boxes for are just way too long (like Banana Fish's 19 volumes), but maybe for shorter ones, like all the Fumi Yoshinaga series, perhaps... except those are oversized... but there's just not too many I'd want them for in the first place and they're all super long series. Unless he'd be able to do something like Viz's FMA and Naruto boxes.... then I'd totally want one for Basara.

He said he'd be willing to take on the Flame of Recca anime as a custom job for me. Although, he said it will be a couple months before he can work on it as he's busy with other work. Given that I didn't want to overload him and ask for more things so I held off on asking about Master Keaton. I figure if I like his work on the first series I can just ask about Master Keaton later.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
They sent me a mock up of what they could do, and I liked the artwork enough that I just went ahead and said yes to it. You would have to ask them if you could suggest your preferred artwork.

What's a "mock up"?

is is like a prototype?
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I see, well tell me when you inquire about the Master Keaton one, maybe he'd be willing to speed it up if more than one person is interested?
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:

What's a "mock up"?

is is like a prototype?

Yes.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
So he got back to me about the art question

He said he searches the internet for the pictures, and tries to find the best image quality he can find, if he needs to, he fixes them up
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
I'd kind of like an artbox for my Gundam Unicorn Blurays actually. If Bandai Visual doesn't do one for vol 7, maybe I'll see if Paul Champagne can do one for me.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
So he got back to me about the art question

He said he searches the internet for the pictures, and tries to find the best image quality he can find, if he needs to, he fixes them up

....So... if in theory, let's say a friend (or you) makes you really awesome fan art for the series. With that friend's (or your) permission, could he theoretically use that too?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
....So... if in theory, let's say a friend (or you) makes you really awesome fan art for the series. With that friend's (or your) permission, could he theoretically use that too?

Maybe

if it's your own work, I don't see why not. Maybe a friend's, if they're okay with it.

I think if it's fanart, it should be just your own personal copy and not for him to mass produce, or whatever
SigmaFlare

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I was curious if there was a place for dimensions or templates for the funimation 2 or 3 blu ray box stickers/artwork that wraps the box, I've thought about heating one of the old boxes up and trying to carefully remove the outer but seemed like alot of work if something was already set up, and I've tried google with not much luck other than just the blu ray case it self.

edit: sorry for gy
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Lol, you think Paul Champagne will give you a discount if you do the designs yourself?
SigmaFlare

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote
no... I was looking to design everything myself, I wasn't planning on contacting him at all, I have some old boxes that I think I'd be able to use with the right paper and all but just the assembly of the outer box I need the right dimensions of the actual art, I suppose I could just figure it out, but if there was something people already knew I'd tap the resource.
varmintx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
If you find something out, would you mind posting it here? I'm interested in doing the same for my Paranoia Agent DVD singles and a spare box that I have.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2