• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CORRECTION: "Akaringo" to "Aka Ringo" (#125804)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
This is a bit of a minor error, but the artist (#125804) lists their name as "Aka Ringo", and not as one single name:

http://azplay.net/

twitter.com/aka_ringo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
While the novel does not have an official romanization within the copyright notice, the manga adaptation has:

Quote:
(C)2012 Kazuma Ootorino・Akaringo (C)2012 Hitoshi Okuda , Atsushi Takeda

Personally I'm more concerned with the spelling of the novelist......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I added this person and I remember entering it based on one or more source(s), then finding others that conflicted afterwards.

--edit--

I was probably going by the anime site itself for both, which has the following in the source as alt-text for the copyright footer: ©2014 Kazuma Ootorino・Akaringo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quote
In that case, I guess it might be appropriate to still keep "Akaringo", at least as an alternate spelling, a la other individuals (ironically, I just came across that spelling on an official wallpaper for the Nanana novels prior to checking back on this thread). I just tend to abide by whatever spelling the person themselves prefer to go under (as out there some can get…).

On a related note, why isn't there an option for including things such as alternate spellings or alias? Too much of a slippery slope or recipe for abuse/misuse? Or would that also do a number on the way the encyclopedia's database is set up?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
People don't always write their own name consistently so it didn't seem like it was worth at this point removing and re-adding the name (which would have resulted in a "blank" Akaringo entry and required edits to news articles etc.)

I've asked for more flexibility with regards to multiple names and ways of writing names, hopefully something is in the works for the next version of the encyclopedia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1