• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hadigirl (Manga 2.5).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Hadigirl (Manga 2.5)

I started watching this on CrunchyRoll, but there doesn't seem to be a discussion thread or even an Encyclopedia entry I can find. Even if you look in Aya Hirano's Encyclopedia's page it doesn't appear. She plays the lead.

Is this not considered an anime or does it appear under some other name?

Anyway, it seems like sort of a reprise of what we went through with Recently, My Sister is Unusual. Although I sort of like the idea of encouraging a girl to grow up I have to wonder if the anime industry can think of a way to do it other than by tormenting them.

So far I haven't seen a lot to recommend it, but since the episodes are short I still have some time to watch it. I'm curious to know what other people think.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
I saw this a while back when it first started being offered on Google Play. I really enjoyed it. I would have liked it more if there was natural motion instead of moving still pieces lol but there are some cute moments to make me forgive that. However, even though I liked it, I agree that there isn't really anything special about it. It's still an enjoyable watch, though. I would say that if you are liking One Week Friends, you should give this a try.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
The Manga 2.5 stuff is odd. I have finished: Hadigirl and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru. Of the two Hadigirl had a lot more movement, Probably more than that Dai-Shogun thing that started this season.

Hadigirl was cute, worth finishing. I would have liked full animation, and of course more (there was a lot left to do on the list).

Soredemo was essentially Manga pages with voice acting. Still I liked it as well.
It was interesting seeing the difference between the Manga and Anime of Soredemo. The manga was a lot more wistful, and slightly melancholy. The anime had these moments, but not to nearly the extent of the manga. The anime seemed to break towards comedy way more than the manga 2.5 stuff.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Gewürtztraminer wrote:
Hadigirl was cute, worth finishing. I would have liked full animation, and of course more (there was a lot left to do on the list).

OK I finished it. It seemed to me that by the 10th episode it was more hitting its stride and the episodes were getting better. But it just ended there just as it was getting good.

So much angst, though. So much. If Japanese kids are really wound so tight it does seem that they need supernatural impetus to engage in the reproductive cycle.

Anyway, I hope they find a way to make more to the story.

Also, although this clearly was a low-budget production they somehow got Aya Hirano to act it. I would have thought she would be a high-priced talent. Did she do it just for a favor for someone or has her star really descended that far?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1