• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episodes for +Tic Elder Sister (ONA)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Currently, the page for +Tic Elder Sister (ONA) says it has 6 episodes, but 12 episodes are listed in the episode list. The anime definitely had 12 episode in total (I've watched it), but I think only 6 of them were released as an ONA and 6 additional episodes were included when it was released on Blu-ray and DVD. That is what I think is being said on the Japanese Wikipedia page for the series, though I'm not 100% sure since I am using Google Translate and it doesn't do a very good job translating the page. The page lists 12 episodes, but for six of those episodes gives an additional episode number that I think is the order in which they were released on the web (the primary episode number is I think the order they were in on the DVD/Blu-ray). I think that either ANN's page should say the anime has 12 episodes, or if the episodes released on DVD/Blu-ray are considered an OAV that is separate from the ONA episodes, then they should be removed from the episode listing and a new entry should be made for the OAV episodes.

Also, regardless of if the series is given one entry or two, I think the end date for the vintage in the current entry is wrong. Currently, the end date is given as 2012-02-24, but according to the Japanese Wikipedia page the last ONA episode seems to have aired on 2012-06-09 and the DVD/Blu-ray was released on 2012-08-22 (though anidb.net gives a date of 2012-07-26 for the DVD/Blu-ray episodes . . . I'm not sure where either source is getting there dates from). So anyway, I think the end date for the vintage should be changed to a different date, but which date would depend on if the entry is only covering the 6 episodes released on the web or if it is covering all 12 episodes.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
According to this ANN story, there were 5 on the web and 7 on DVD/BR for a total of 112 episodes. However, now they have 6 posted on the Lantis website, so I wonder if the 6th ended up on the web first or as part of the physical release first. I kind of wish we didn't have the ONA vs OVA distinction. OVA for everything. So the video was released on the net first, it's still a video, so it's an OVA in my opinion.

Yeah... 12 episodes and 2012-06-09 end date is what I think.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
According to this ANN story, there were 5 on the web and 7 on DVD/BR for a total of 112 episodes. However, now they have 6 posted on the Lantis website, so I wonder if the 6th ended up on the web first or as part of the physical release first. I kind of wish we didn't have the ONA vs OVA distinction. OVA for everything. So the video was released on the net first, it's still a video, so it's an OVA in my opinion.

Assuming I'm understanding it right, the Japanese Wikipedia page for the series says that the 6th web episode (or the 9th episode going by the DVD/Blu-ray order) was shown on the web a couple months before the DVD/Blu-Ray release, but a few months after the 5th web episode (the 1st episode by the DVD/Blu-ray order). It looks like it was shown after that ANN news story was written, so probably the person writing the news story didn't know that a 6th episode would premier on the web before the DVD/Blu-ray release.

I agree that I would prefer to see the series listed as all one entry, but I'm not sure if should be considered an ONA or OAV. However, ANN's policy might be to make it two entries, since that is generally what is done for a series that starts in one release format and then continues in another release format (e.g., Master Keaton).

DerekTheRed wrote:
Yeah... 12 episodes and 2012-06-09 end date is what I think.

2012-06-09 is the date that the last web episode aired, so if the entry is made to cover all 12 episodes, then 2012-06-09 shouldn't be the end date for the vintage. The ANN article you linked to said that the first version of the DVD/Blu-ray release was scheduled to come out on 2012-07-31. The Japanese Wikipedia page gives a date of 2012-08-22, but the ANN article you linked to says that was the release date for the regular edition (with the special edition coming first). Some other sites like anidb.net give a date of 2012-07-26 for the DVD/Blu-ray episodes, so maybe the special edition actually came out on that date and not 2012-07-31 (the ANN article was written in May 2012, so the actual release date might have changed slightly). Anyway though, if the entry covers all 12 episodes, the end date for the vintage should be one of 2012-07-26, 2012-07-31, or 2012-08-22.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1