• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Shonen Jump to Run Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V 1-Shot Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, specifically since this is the First Yugioh sequel since GX that references previous series.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
I can't find anything on V-Jump's website about the GX one-shot. The Arc-V one-shot is all over the site but not GX. It is a mistake? If not, please direct me to that mention on that site.
http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/
Siliva

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
#814635 wrote:
Interesting, specifically since this is the First Yugioh sequel since GX that references previous series.

Not...entirely true. While Arc-V does have reference to other kinds of game mechanics (ZEXAL went the entire show without mentioning Synchros), it's not the first.

The biggest one is the Satellite area from 5D's, which is hinted at being the remains of Domino City from the original series. Various hints, like the use of battle city duel disks in flash backs, and outright using a location from the manga (during Aki and Misty's duel).

ZEXAL had Dark Magician and Neos references in an episode too, I think. Which the franchise's timeline is kind of a mess, they do occasionally reference each other.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1