• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - After Dark

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddc

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
El-ahrairah wrote:
About the Drakengard 3 contest. I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Do you need to put your mailing address in the e-mail along with your short story? Or should you wait to see if you've won anything? I sent a story in, but I was worry it might not be accepted because I didn't put any other info in my e mail.

Nah. I'll ask for your mailing address if you win.

Quote:
Also, are you allowed to enter both the main contest and the Worst Thing Ever contest? Or just one or the other?

You can enter both contests! I probably won't even mind if you enter the Worst contest several times, because it doesn't have any real rules.

Quote:
Are swear/dirty words allowed? That might seem stupid, but I wasn't sure if you were going to post the winning story[s] on ANN.

Sure!

Quote:
Finally, can two people who live in the same house both enter the contest? I have a brother who might want to send a story in, although that might be cutting it close (even if it's allowed).

Of course!

Quote:
Edit: I forgot, my mom told me to send my short story as an attachment in the e mail, but I didn't do that. I put my story in the text of the e mail itself, is that alright? Confused

That's no problem at all.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
From what i heard, the poor sales of the HD re-release put a hold on anew title Sad

Capcom has the most braindead sales expectations of any video game company I've ever seen.

They SERIOUSLY thought a tired rehash (which I remind you can be played online for free) would break even in sales... Confused
Primus

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
rockman nes wrote:
IanC wrote:
From what i heard, the poor sales of the HD re-release put a hold on anew title Sad

Capcom has the most braindead sales expectations of any video game company I've ever seen.

They SERIOUSLY thought a tired rehash (which I remind you can be played online for free) would break even in sales... Confused

Uh, what?

Capcom is a publicly traded company. The least they expect from their products is to break even. Break even means that they've recouped their development and marketing costs. If a supposedly in-demand port couldn't do that, no one would fund a new game in that series. It's not like they re-released Darkstalkers twenty times in the past 15 years to cause fatigue. They tested the waters and got burned.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Baraba is not a rival to Jon Talbain, his Jon Talbain's father. Baraba was a Wolf Lord in Makai and went to the human world were he had a child with a human woman. That's why Talbain is a werewolf his half human and half Makai.
Kenshiroh

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I would buy darkstalkers resurrection so fast if it came out on steam. I could get it on PSN I guess, but I'm not a big fan of downloading games on my PS3; something about not actually owning a disc feels weird.

Doesn't Steam also not give you a disc?
IanC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I would buy darkstalkers resurrection so fast if it came out on steam. I could get it on PSN I guess, but I'm not a big fan of downloading games on my PS3; something about not actually owning a disc feels weird.

If you don't mind getting the Japanese version, heres a disc release of it
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BLJM-61115
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2