• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Latest State of (Legit) Digital Manga.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I was interested in buying digital manga from Kodanasha (Attack on Titan mainly) but it is not available for my version of the kindle it seems. Oh well. Don't really feel like upgrading my kindle just for Attack on Titan.

I don't know if it's related, but Kodansha's tumblr account just wrote the other day that "Amazon has removed Kindle for iOS compatibility for all manga, from us, Viz, Yen, and Vertical. We’re not sure why, but we’re trying to get it fixed. In the meantime, you can read our books on iBookstore, Nook for iOS, and Kobo for iOS."

(edit) Actually, reading again, maybe this is supposed to be an issue for using a kindle app on iPads or something, and not related to your problem. I don't know anything about the various e-readers. Sorry, I thought it might be helpful but maybe not after all!
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
lys wrote:
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I was interested in buying digital manga from Kodanasha (Attack on Titan mainly) but it is not available for my version of the kindle it seems. Oh well. Don't really feel like upgrading my kindle just for Attack on Titan.

I don't know if it's related, but Kodansha's tumblr account just wrote the other day that "Amazon has removed Kindle for iOS compatibility for all manga, from us, Viz, Yen, and Vertical. We’re not sure why, but we’re trying to get it fixed. In the meantime, you can read our books on iBookstore, Nook for iOS, and Kobo for iOS."

My version is not supported apparently. It says you need a Kindle Touch or Paper White.

I think it is kind of a shame because I can view comics & other images on my kindle just fine so not sure why manga is not supported just because it is a slightly older version. I have a Kindle 4.1.1.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
That's weird, I bought Blue Exorcist vol.1 ($2!) off Amazon and downloaded it to my Kindle for iOS (iPad) app just fine last night. Attack on Titan and other publications don't indicate any incompatibility with my iOS Kindle app.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2