• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
Lol, this thread became a discussion on temperature. Is it any wonder both series have got so many pages in the forum?

Anyway I am sure something was mentioned earlier that they automatically log out if their body is in danger. Thinking a bit more, if it was low, what would be the tempreture in the game of a cabin in the middle of the woods, could it be why she put her room at that temperature so there was no drastic change between what she was experiencing and what she actually had?

Also a thought has been keep entering my head about Accel World. We know that full dive technology and cameras creating virtual environments will be a big thing so Kirito is onto something. But also the common theory that spoiler[Kuroyukihime will be Kirito and Asuna's daughter, which makes sense when you think how similar she is to them]. I having the thought that if this Yuuki girl does become a close friend, she might have something to do with a name passed down or something. I admit this is mostly chasing shadows, I do remember a while back hearing a theory that spoiler[Kuroyukihime's name was Yuuki, but the best fitting theory was that her name is "Sachi", based off a nickname used she would be named after the girl Kirito lost]. But I am also pretty sure that I remember from somewhere that spoiler[Kuroyukihime has an older sister, and I think she is actually the White King, and having Yuuki which is like snow would also be a good fit].
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
I don't keep it at 60, but I'm willing to let it go that low for a couple hours before turning on the heat because it's usually time for bed by the time it gets up to 65 and it's a waste of money and energy. If the day starts out cold and is going to stay cold and I'm home all day, I'll heat it to 65.

On another forum, someone recently asked this very question, and about 80% of the replies said they preferred 65ish. Some said bundling up made them feel cozy. Smile At the other extreme, a couple of people liked to toast at ~80.

But as I said before, I would think Asuna would be freezing her butt off just lying there in her skimpy clothes and no blankets or body fat, unless the gear has some way to take over a person's thermoregulation like a Tibetan monk app. If the system logs you out for being too physically stressed out, it seems like it ought to do so to keep you from hypothermia too.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I asked two classes with morning about the temperature thing. In one nobody said that they kept their homes less than 67º. In the other more than a third were content with as low as 65º.

And yeah, my first thought when watching that scene was, "wow, she's comfortable laying around in shorts in that temperature?" If she were physically active, that would be a different story, but. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Once again Kirito isn't using Excaliber? What's the point of a super legendary weapon if you're not going to flaunt it.

Same reason I have a ton of rare items sitting in my house in skyrim.

It might not be conducive to his play style, using it as an ace in the whole in a sticky situation, or if you lose some of your loot if you are defeated by someone, he might be afraid to lose it.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
Shikiari wrote:
Once again Kirito isn't using Excaliber? What's the point of a super legendary weapon if you're not going to flaunt it.

It might not be conducive to his play style, using it as an ace in the whole in a sticky situation, or if you lose some of your loot if you are defeated by someone, he might be afraid to lose it.

I think this is written before the Excalibur side story.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:10 am Reply with quote
Or Kirito just does not like the idea of a huge amount of attention when he is just walking around. He thinks that there is a time and place to use the best weapons, not some random duel where he wanted skill to be the major factor.

Bright_Spear wrote:

One of my favourite play throughs on Skyrim I have all the best stuff (Daedric artefacts) all on display in an armoury instead of on my person. quite proud I am able to just look at all the items. Well except for a sword (Ebony Blade), that is good in a pinch for who I consider my black swordsman. I play a lot of Skyrim, only recently I decided to focus on achievements by having one game reach level 50, one complete missions to ride dragons, and a thief game to restore guild and working towards amassing a lot of money.

In other video game news I am finishing Dragon Age 2 in anticipation for Inquisition. I am also wondering if I should renew my subscription for WoW that I started a little while back because I got a free month from playing the card game.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:
Shikiari wrote:

No, this is after Caliber. The Phantom Bullet arc took place in mid December 2025. Caliber took place in late December 2025. Mother Rosario starts in January 2026.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Think you're missing a key detail there, Grey Archon. Mother's Rosario does chronologically take place after Caliber, but it comes from novel #7, while Calber was in novel #8. Hence the distinct possibility that Kirito toting around Excaliber wasn't even conceived at the time MR was written.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
From what I hear in the novel spoiler[he does use Excaliber later in the story.]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Man it'll be nice when they come to the arc in which everything happens chronologically.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:
Shikiari wrote:

No, this is after Caliber. The Phantom Bullet arc took place in mid December 2025. Caliber took place in late December 2025. Mother Rosario starts in January 2026.

i'm not talking about the timeline. i'm talking about when was author wrote the story. IF he wrote Mother Rosario before he wrote the side story, the timeline doesn't matter.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
A little late to the party this week....good bye 360 CR, hello Xbox One CR.

I loved the Asuna/Yuki fight, though for the first time I feel like a little exposition would have helped explain exactly what happened during their fight, and it was left out.

Yuki is truly a unique character. So far it looks like they've done her justice.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:

I loved the Asuna/Yuki fight, though for the first time I feel like a little exposition would have helped explain exactly what happened during their fight, and it was left out.

What do you mean? What was left out?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:

Detailed explanations of every move they made.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
Bugnin wrote:

nothing was techincally left out, but people will probably have a hard time understanding why Asuna "passed" despite losing the fight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 85 of 115