• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Hey, if you think banging your brother/sister is sweet and romantic, go right ahead and carry that torch.... I'll be over here...off to the side...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
It has the potential to be sweet and romantic, no different from any other couple.

That's besides the point anyways. I see people acting like the mere inclusion of incestuous feelings automatically make the narrative bad rather than look at how it was handled. Suguha knows she shouldn't have those feelings which is why she actively tries to suppress and get over them. It's not pro-incest in any way.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It has the potential to be sweet and romantic, no different from any other couple.

That's besides the point anyways. I see people acting like the mere inclusion of incestuous feelings automatically make the narrative bad rather than look at how it was handled. Suguha knows she shouldn't have those feelings which is why she actively tries to suppress and get over them. It's not pro-incest in any way.

I have to agree with you. Ever since season one Suguha has acknowledged she shouldn't have those feelings. She asked herself several time why does she feel that way. Why can't she stop feeling that way. So I agree the show is not pro-incest in any way. And has been pointed out they're not actual siblings anyways. But that's besides the point. Back to lurking for me.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Leafa isn't all that charismatic, or strong, or even smart. Her only role in this series was she was once in love with her own brother during the most hated arc SAO will ever have.

She was more or less T&A fodder for the otaku shut-ins that don't mind the incest angle. Glad to see the series has at least somewhat grown out of that.

My feelings exactly.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Just got my SAO: Extra edition. I believe Asuna picked a swim top that's 2 sizes to small Very Happy
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
Just got my SAO: Extra edition. I believe Asuna picked a swim top that's 2 sizes to small Very Happy

Enough said! Laughing
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Look at the cover for the Extra edition. I'm worried for one of the other girls if her top breaks and it goes flying one might loose an eye. Laughing
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Hold on to those extra editions....filler OVAs are the only place you're going to see that girl on the left for a long....spoiler[well, ever.]

Last edited by Bugnin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Don't need to tell me twice.

Though Sinon looks really cute in her swimsuit. It's a real shame that the Gun Gale Arc occurred after the Extra Edition. I would have quite liked to see all the girls interact with each other... For research and plot advancing purposes of course.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure there will be another extra edition bout a year from now to promote SAO III.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Hold on to those extra editions....filler OVAs are the only place you're going to see that girl on the left for a long....spoiler[well, ever.]

You seem to be implying that a lack of screentime somehow equates to a lower quality of character.

Also, there's still the Vita games and Girls' Op.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
I'm sure there will be another extra edition bout a year from now to promote SAO III.

THERE'S A SAO III!?

I thought it was done? MR isn't the last arc? If so, that makes me really happy. So not ready to say bye to Kirito and Asuna. Sad
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
He's just making an assumption. Considering it's popularity of course SAO is going to have more seasons in the future, however the author doesn't seem to intend to complete the next story arc any time soon (it's 7 novels and counting, most other arcs were 2) so I doubt we'd get an adaptation of it until it's done. He's also writing another novel series which covers Aincrad floor by floor, which I think might be a better thing to adapt since even if the season doesn't complete the main story, we know how it ends already.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Bugnin wrote:

THERE'S A SAO III!?

I thought it was done? MR isn't the last arc? If so, that makes me really happy. So not ready to say bye to Kirito and Asuna. Sad

Obviously there's no announcement for SAO III but there almost no way there won't be one.

The next arc is Alicization. The light novel version of this arc hasn't even ended yet, though it's close. We probably won't see more SAO anime until 2016 at least, so it shouldn't be a problem.

It's as long as all the other story arcs combined.

Last edited by Bugnin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 106 of 115