• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:
So, we finally get trap spoiler[Kirito this episode. I wonder if Sinon will find out he is a guy soon. They seem to be getting along well though.]

I lol'd @ some of the spoiler[English spoken in the episode as it was kinda catchy. Also, it looks like Kirito bought two new weapons including a photon sword. They better hurry to get to the arena...]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Had to laugh at the way Kirito was being treated. It's a pretty accurate portrayal ofspoiler[ how girls are treated in MMOs. I'm sure if he wanted to he could have gotten a powerful gun off some guy for super cheap.]

Well at least they explained spoiler[where he got all that money from, as opposed to him pulling it out of nowhere like ALO.]

Also, are light saber sound effects under copyright or anything? Just wondering if they'd get in trouble for using them so blatantly.

You'd think spoiler[Sinon would have registered for BoB earlier, rather than waiting until the last minute. At least, I'm assuming it's the last day for registering, because if it wasn't what's the rush?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Kirito did it, he pulled the spoiler[I'm new and harmless girl routine]. Surely he has reached a new low in the level as a gamer. It was a fun episode, I do wonder how long it will be beforespoiler[ she figures out Kirito is just a trap]. Of course Kirito went for the spoiler[sword, and of course he chose black].

On an interesting note, the game Destiny has been getting known as cross between fps and RPG, with mmo aspects, the beta has been out lately, and I have been plating the heck out of it. There is a connection, abilities and such, but stats mostly from equipment you get from drops.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Good episode! I had a feeling spoiler[Kirito would win that 'Untouchable' game]. Though it wasn't as hard as they made it out to be. It seems that everyone is too busy using their predictive Gun lines instead of their own instincts. I can see spoiler[Kirito winning BoB] that way!

The chances of him spoiler[meeting Sinon in-game] would be pretty slim but I'll overlook that. It's also a pretty sad reflection on gamers to flock to a spoiler[female] avatar... I know I've had the same problem while playing Destiny the past few days.

Also... Why hasn't this been done yet? Laughing

HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
It is so obvious that Sinon is going to fall in love with Kirito. Either before or after she finds out he's a guy.

Asuna's gonna be pissed when she finds out. Can hardly wait.

One thing I noticed in the opening credits. Have we been given a hint than Sinon's spoiler[real life male friend Shinkawa is actually the Death Gun?] That's speculation but I put a spoiler tag on it anyway.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
ROFL they made him aspoiler[ girl.]
He sure was popular with the guys ^^
Of course he spoiler[found Shinon..]
Wonder how pissed she'll be when she finds out he's a guy.
So Kirito went for the spoiler["easy" & fast money.
Watching him beat that gunman was awesome!
That was one way of getting rich & famous fast.]

Shinon sure has vast knowledge about all kinds of guns.
Of coursespoiler[ he went for his favorite weapon ^^
Having Shinon]
as a guide was like he hit the jackpot.
Still, this is a different game & he has a lot to learn.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
IS the tournament called "Bullet of Bullets" or "Ballet of Bullets"? The sub I watched used "Bullet of Bullets" but I thought it was the other when I read the tvtropes page for SAO.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Before I had seen it being called "Bullet of Bullets," which sounds stupid but pretty typical of anime (also a G Gundam reference). But "Ballet of Bullets" makes more sense.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I hope he gets geared up soon, because there's something ineffably wrong with playing a game like this in loafers (and no socks! What is this, Miami Vice?).
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
(and no socks! What is this, Miami Vice?).

Can't be. No nipples.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
That was a fun eppie. spoiler[Kirito-trap] is a cutie! I was already enjoying the series but now that I've figured out how to hook up my Mac to my HDTV, my joy is over 9000. The cyberpunk environment looks great.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
It is so obvious that Sinon is going to fall in love with Kirito. Either before or after she finds out he's a guy.

Of course. It wouldn't be SAO if a cute girl didn't fall in love with Kirito ;0
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Does he spoiler[ride a bike] irl? I can't remember, so I couldn't tell if his brush-off of her amazement was true (I played similar games) or not admitting he was a guy (since girls never spoiler[ride motorcycles] irl) or if he was just concealing his Mary Stu/Gary Sue powers.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
^I don't recall him ever being shown spoiler[riding a motorbike], although I suppose that spoiler[significant experience playing VR (or even non-VR) racing games] might be a credible comparison. At least I hope that's the case, lest it bring up a whole fresh new round of Gary Stu complaints. Rolling Eyes

Interesting episode, and satisfying in that it shows Kirito completely out of his element for a while. (Never really got that feeling in ALO, even when Leafa had to explain certain things to him.) And it will be interesting to see how far the story goes with "relying on honed instincts vs. relying on prediction lines" being an edge for Kirito in GGO. Since he's not going to learn to be a master shot fast enough, I can't see any other feasible way that he's (er, she's) going to be competitive.

(BTW, we don't need to spoiler-tag the fact that Kirito is in a female avatar, since that's been well-advertised by the OP and promotional materials.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Does he spoiler[ride a bike] irl? I can't remember, so I couldn't tell if his brush-off of her amazement was true (I played similar games) or not admitting he was a guy (since girls never spoiler[ride motorcycles] irl) or if he was just concealing his Mary Stu/Gary Sue powers.

Yes in the SAO extra it showed him giving Sugu a ride to school on his bike. Starting at 40 secs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 115