• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:49 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
It might have been good for the moment but Kirito is going to have some awkward tension with Shino later (can't wait to see that happen actually xP).
Especially if it turns out she's not interested in guys but falls in love with Kirito anyway, still thinking that he's a girl. Actually its a trope that's seems common in situations like this.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:30 am Reply with quote
Reki Kawahara's twitter commentary for the fourth episode has been translated:

http://pastebin.com/ZKZJmiPm
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
Kirito and his spoiler[Jedi Proton Sword wielding skills]~

Right when I saw that spoiler[symbol at the end, I recognized the clan. Uh oh....]

Also, there's something strange about spoiler[Sinon's friend there when he glared at Kirito for a moment. Maybe we'll find out more about him later on?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Bullet of Bullets tournament is a go!
Sinon was teaching him a last few things.
Didn't expect him to confess he was a guy LOL
She took it as expected..
He was following her like a puppy afterwords ROFL
So things have stared moving.. finally!
His first battle was challenging, but he found a way pretty fast.
Damn, he is definitely more suited for the sword.
That visit from the death guy was sudden & fast.
Didn't expect it so soon.
Still, Kirito came to some interesting conclusions.
Seems like SAO will follow him forever.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Mace Windu too op. So Death Gun was spoiler[a member of the player killing clan in SAO]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Trap sprung. Ha ha.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Also, there's something strange about spoiler[Sinon's friend there when he glared at Kirito for a moment. Maybe we'll find out more about him later on?]

I wouldn't be too happy either if spoiler[some random dude was hanging around my girl.]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Let the speculation commence!

The moment I saw a bit of the symbol I knew that he was a spoiler[member of "Laughing Coffin".]
If we're to believe that you did actually die when killed inside the original SAO, then it should rule out pretty much all of the members Kirito had flash back on.

spoiler[Laughing Coffin], as a guild was pretty much destroyed during the crusade. So it would be either a member that was spoiler[locked away in Black Iron Palace or their guild leader, POH, who was never caught.]

So my two guesses would be that Death Gun is either spoiler[POH or Rosalia (The female guild leader of "Titans Hand" that was hunting Silica back in SAO)]
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I think what's bothering me the most about this, is the skill Kirito is showing. Within hours of logging in, he's showing that much skill, and able to participate in this tournament? And no one's contacting the GMs to have him investigated for cheating?

Also, government totally should've set him up with a false identity. They should've known he'd have to give his name and info somewhere.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Kirito is a gamer, and a good one at that. Plenty of gamers out there that can go from a fighting game to a hack and slash to a FPS no problem.

And he didn't have to give out his info. It was entirely optional, but the promise of prizes was too tempting for him.

On a random note, I really like Sinon's design... but Shino's doesn't do much for me.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
I think what's bothering me the most about this, is the skill Kirito is showing. Within hours of logging in, he's showing that much skill, and able to participate in this tournament? And no one's contacting the GMs to have him investigated for cheating?

What Vaisaga said and also this is a transferred account. It isn't some brand new account that came gun blazing out of nowhere, so there shouldn't be any cheating red flags.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Lets admit it, Kirito is pretty awesome, and I don't mean that in an ironic way. But how he spoiler[confessed about himself, but still tried to get help from her, acted super sweet around her friend, and then finally dropped the act into being his more confident self at the end]. That's the Kirito giving Yui spicey food and biting Leafa's hand, that I enjoyed. And yeah, it was not like Kirito automatically spoiler[dominated the match, it took him a little bit to see that he could not just dodge all bullets, and connect that he could deflect them]. The spoiler[deflecting bit with the sword] was pretty sweet, maybe up there with some of the coolest parts of the series. I also noted that really spoiler[his gun did not do a huge a lot of damage either, it took quite a while for that sword to finish him off too]. Laughing at Kirito's finish pose.

And oh no, Death Gun is spoiler[a member of Laughing Coffin, which should leave out Sinon's friend as being him]. But how unrealistic was al the people showing off their guns, clearly they should have all been dancing instead, it is a MMO after all. Now that I think about it, Kirito is going to have a bad time if he goes up against someone with a shotgun.

Seems Kirito being spoiler[slapped by his "companion"] is something totally needed, Asuna spoiler[slapped him when he kept feeling her up when she fell on him, Leafa did it when he bit her, and now this. Asuna also used a charged punch when she was in her underwear in front of him.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Laughing at Kirito's finish pose.

Odd that he doesn't injure himself trying to sheath his sword.

Quote:
And oh no, Death Gun is spoiler[a member of Laughing Coffin, which should leave out Sinon's friend as being him].

WARNING: the wikipedia article on SAO characters has major spoilers in it!
Quote:
Seems Kirito being spoiler[slapped by his "companion"] is something totally needed,

Some of us guys just can't help it.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
^That image is hilarious.

Yep it seems like they're making it a running joke how Kirito eventually gets spoiler[slapped by every main character girl] he meets and the resulting hand-shaped damage indicator.

I think it's very appropriate that Kirito first suspects that spoiler[Shinon is Death Gun]. Which makes it kinda good that by now every viewer should know that she's not (unless, with the notion that I picked up is that there is spoiler[not necessarily just one Death Gun]).

DuskyPredator wrote:
Laughing at Kirito's finish pose.

Are you talking about the instant before he was teleported back? That pose was almost too much Kiritrap fanservice for me lol.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Now that I think about it, Kirito is going to have a bad time if he goes up against someone with a shotgun.

Maybe. I forget if that actually comes up or not. In theory though, if it was a buckshot weapon then at a distance only a few of the pellets would be on target to hit him, and in close he could just dodge the entire damage cone. He might take a few grazing shots each time, but he shouldn't have to take any lethal hits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 115