• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
On an entirely different matter, someone had mentioned earlier about the scene with Klein and the ladies at the end of the episode. Upon reflecting back on that as I was out driving tonight, it struck me even harder about how odd that scene was: a mid-to-late 20s guy hanging out with only a gaggle of high school girls. I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more mentioned about how unseemly that was, or is there just a general acknowledgement that "yeah, that wasn't right, so let's just move on"?

That was totally something I was thinking about earlier, he probably should be able to play with his other friends. But hey, VR can have some people hang out that would not normally, I don't think it was such a problem when they were stuck in the game.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I was too busy imagining Klein saying "HEAL P LZ!"

But what was so unseemly about it? Klein is their friend, why wouldn't they hang out with him? Just because an older guy hangs out with some younger girls doesn't automatically make him a pervert.

I mean, Klein is a bit of a perv, yeah, but he's no criminal.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Klein's harmless.

If there's one thing fandom's proved to me it's age and sex don't matter And they're all SAO/ALO fans....that's how they bonded.

I can imagine Klein being very protective of the girls, should any actual harm come their way....
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I would still take Suguha's haircut over Sinon's (real or avatar version). And I believe that some people have let their unrestrained hatred or certain elements in ALO lead them to laughable levels of hyperbole, but hey, it takes all kinds, right?

Easy, at worst I find ALO to be a toothache, at best it's an amusing sideshow. Rolling Eyes

I just wanna see Kirito hop around like a drunk jedi as he dominates people who cannot seem to harm him with automatic assault rifles, I'm no ballistics expert but something isn't adding up.

Suguha has a wet mop on her head, not seeing the appeal there.
Shots fired. Laughing
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
On an entirely different matter, someone had mentioned earlier about the scene with Klein and the ladies at the end of the episode. Upon reflecting back on that as I was out driving tonight, it struck me even harder about how odd that scene was: a mid-to-late 20s guy hanging out with only a gaggle of high school girls. I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more mentioned about how unseemly that was, or is there just a general acknowledgement that "yeah, that wasn't right, so let's just move on"?

I don't see anything particularly unseemly about it. For starters it's not like he's hitting on them, or being a pervert towards them, he's just playing a videogame with them. Then a quick check to refresh my memory of their ages puts Klein at 25 at this point, Asuna and Lisbeth at 18, Kirito at 17, Leafa at 16, and Silica at 15. That's hardly an over large age spread for playing a game online, or discussing something on an internet forum.

Furthermore Klein's friends that formed his SAO guild seem to have sworn off VR gaming, leaving it no surprise that he'd naturally transfer to hanging out with Kirito and Asuna. Kirito just happens to not be present at the moment.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah, nothing wrong with Klien platonically adventuring with a bunch of his friends, even if they do happen to be teenage girls. The guild I hang out with on GW2 seems to have at least a few teenage girls in it, all that matters is if they can keep up (and they do).
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
誤称 wrote:
Spiegel is scum. Pure and simple. There is no way he should be allowed anywhere near Sinon-hime. Ever.

Seriously? o_O WTF did he do that was so bad? Gave her a hug? Are you trolling....or do you just want Sinon to yourself?

Backed her into a position where she couldn't easily escape and tried to force his affections on her. Seriously. Not. Cool.

And yes, Sinon-hime should be with me. Always. Forever. Amen.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:05 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Yeah, nothing wrong with Klien platonically adventuring with a bunch of his friends, even if they do happen to be teenage girls. The guild I hang out with on GW2 seems to have at least a few teenage girls in it, all that matters is if they can keep up (and they do).

Yeah, it's not like he's taking the, on dates or something. It's a video game.

They went through a truly unique life and death experience together for three years. Not unusual that there would be a bond formed among SAO survivors.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
Until Key brought it up, it would never have occurred to me to think anything about Klein and the girls. Most of Kirito's friends are teenage girls so if you wanted to give Klein some screen time with other people, such a scene is virtually unavoidable.

But yeah, clearly after that scene they all went to a hot tub and made out.
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:07 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:

If you say so brah. Laughing
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
Lain'sHairline wrote:
誤称 wrote:

If you say so brah. Laughing

♫Girl, you know its true.♫
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:00 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Thank god! I was starting to get a bit afraid that there was something wrong with Blood-'s mind.
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:02 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Until Key brought it up, it would never have occurred to me to think anything about Klein and the girls. Most of Kirito's friends are teenage girls so if you wanted to give Klein some screen time with other people, such a scene is virtually unavoidable.

Oh, Klein wasn't invited to the yuri bathing festival!
Bugnin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:05 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Oh, Klein wasn't invited to the yuri bathing festival!

Because that would have made it weird.
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
He was probably getting busy with the cute boy Recon anyways. Recon's far closer to his strike zone regardless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 115