• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
I think I'm giving up on trying to figure out what in anime does and doesn't bother/offend people, because I constantly get surprised by it. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I think I'm giving up on trying to figure out what in anime does and doesn't bother/offend people, because I constantly get surprised by it. Rolling Eyes

Nooo!! Don't let the terrorists win!

Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:

Backed her into a position where she couldn't easily escape and tried to force his affections on her. Seriously. Not. Cool.

And yes, Sinon-hime should be with me. Always. Forever. Amen.

Sounds like YOU might do the same thing, bro. Laughing

*cries*

LAIN, THAT CREEPER SCREENIE!? I'm going to have nightmares FOREVER. ;____;
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
LAIN, THAT BEAUTIFUL SCREENIE!? I'm going to have blissful dreams FOREVER. <3

I know. Nnoitra protects your spiritual energy on the Astral plane of existence.

Leave your tribute at the base of the shrine, he's fond of turkey sandwiches.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
And yes, Sinon-hime should be with me. Always. Forever. Amen.

I know the feeling, bro. Suguha is with me always too Smile

Key wrote:

It's pointless to try in the first place. Just keep rollin' as you always do. If you're too busy worried about what will offend others you'll never go anywhere.

Though I do find it a bit ironic that you thought that way about Klein given your profession. People thinking like that is the main reason the male teacher is going extinct.

Downloading Hollow Fragment now~ Oh what girl shall I cheat on Asuna with first... Decisions, decisions...
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Honestly I don't see how Spiegel would no connection to death gun or something bigger behind the scenes. This episode made him out to be clearly manipulative of Shino. Despicably so.

And i don't think that they did that creepy scene where he rubs her face on the computer screen to paint him as some desperate guy. In all likely hood he's hiding his true intentions behind the "good friend" facade he constantly puts up.

I don't know what it is but his presence just screams "insincere" and it's very clear he's hiding how he really acts.

Edit: Oops......looks like I was reply to the wrong page since the subject is completely different now Shocked .........carry on.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
And i don't think that they did that creepy scene where he rubs her face on the computer screen to paint him as some desperate guy.

We don't know if that was him or not, though.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Well it's either him or some completely new person that we had no idea about (which wouldn't be out of this seasons line of logic i suppose).

He had the same face, hair color and has an has an infatuation with Shino. Why would it be someone else? Are they just going to throw out a good old "PLOT TWIST!" leading us to believe it was him when it was really some random dude? I doubt it, and if it did go that road it would be pretty lame. At first I thought the scene was placed there to foreshadow that he was death gun. Since that theory has been debunked it means it served another purpose. To show us what he's really like underneath that devoted friend facade. This episode brought out that personality that was hinted before. He's very manipulative and wants Shino to himself. That is perfectly in line with how the scene portrayed him. Throwing in some mook who also as some interest in Shino wouldn't make sense to me unless they developed him to a decent extent.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Downloading Hollow Fragment now~ Oh what girl shall I cheat on Asuna with first... Decisions, decisions...

Completely forgot that it was out the 20th in Europe, so I'll be downloading it tomorrow. Isn't it obvious? You've got to start with Suguha, that much is certain. Asuna had her time during the show, so she can take a back seat for a while. Razz

As for the creeper sitting at the computer screen. He was taking out all high level targets and Sinon was just next on his list, though the stroking of the screen quite stalkerish. If Darth Death Gun is Spiegel, then he's taking an awful long time to finish her off, unless he is waiting until the end of the tournament to make a big public display of it. Also, why bother with all the manipulative/ desperate behaviour now, if he plans to put a cap in her ass anyway?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
You clearly misread what I said. I stated that they already debunked that he was Death Gun but that scene CLEARLY made everyone think he was being foreshadowed to be death gun when we were first shown it. Since that wasn't the case it served another purpose to show the true aspects of his personality. He may not be death gun but is really that hard to believe he might have some connections with the laughing coffin group or something of that shady nature? Personally I think that he may be protecting Shino from the group which is why he feels entitled that she be only his lover. It would make sense to me personally since if Death Gun wanted to kill Shino I have no idea why he hasn't already. We aren't even clear as to how people are killed by Death Gun and i think there is a little more to the trick than simply shooting the character in the face.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Apologies, I wasn't referring to your comment. It was more thinking outloud on my behalf after reading the above posts. I agree with most of what you said and I bet when it's finally revealed, we'll all be kicking ourselves over how simple it all was.

Moving on, I'd currently be much more impressed if Sinon wins the BoB Tournament instead of Kirito (If he does win it, that is). The guys got a better win percentage than BLANK... If that's possible. Smile
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Completely forgot that it was out the 20th in Europe, so I'll be downloading it tomorrow. Isn't it obvious? You've got to start with Suguha, that much is certain. Asuna had her time during the show, so she can take a back seat for a while. Razz

Well from the get-go you're with Philia. I must say I am enjoying her design.

Hm, guess we should start a thread in the video game sub-forum.

EDIT: And done.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Apologies, I wasn't referring to your comment. It was more thinking outloud on my behalf after reading the above posts. I agree with most of what you said and I bet when it's finally revealed, we'll all be kicking ourselves over how simple it all was.

Moving on, I'd currently be much more impressed if Sinon wins the BoB Tournament instead of Kirito (If he does win it, that is). The guys got a better win percentage than BLANK... If that's possible. Smile

Kirito may not win because he doesn't enter to win the tournament.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
But... But... He has to win! If he doesn't, we won't be able to call him a Gary Stu anymore!!!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
But... But... He has to win! If he doesn't, we won't be able to call him a Gary Stu anymore!!!

There have already been times where he didn't win so he can't be one in the first place. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 115