• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Date A Live Manga by Sekihiko Inui Ends in 3rd Volume This Winter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shory

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
In the end, it seems like many of these series mostly cover what their respective anime has covered, and then stop. I remember that Highschool DxD manga for example, or Infinite Stratos.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote
I have to agree they are a waste of time. Plus what gets really annoying is when they do like 4 or 5 spin offs, like "girls I am your father" , mahouka, or the one where the guy is dating the fake girlfriend. They all claim to be from different perspectives but don't really add anything to the plot.

If its a LN, don't bother with a manga, just animate it and move on.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
I read a previous version of the manga before and it was very mediocre. I wonder if this will improve.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BooktapC

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:43 pm Reply with quote
NO! I like the Date A Live media franchise. The anime the most. For the manga 3 volumes seems rather short.
[Not so secretly cries]

I'll at least console myself with the anime adaptation. Good thing love the medium of the anime and Date A Live 2 is airing right now.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:30 pm Reply with quote
BooktapC wrote:
NO! I like the Date A Live media franchise. The anime the most. For the manga 3 volumes seems rather short.
[Not so secretly cries]

I'll at least console myself with the anime adaptation. Good thing love the medium of the anime and Date A Live 2 is airing right now.

Yes, Date A Live is a good franchise, but you have to realize the Light Novel is the source material not the manga, so who cares if the manga goes belly up. The anime is made based on the light novel, same thing with IS, High School Dxd etc. So I think the point OP and a few others are trying to make is since the manga rarely goes past the anime, what is the point of the manga?
Evernessince

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
BooktapC wrote:
[Not so secretly cries]

Yes, Date A Live is a good franchise, but you have to realize the Light Novel is the source material not the manga, so who cares if the manga goes belly up. The anime is made based on the light novel, same thing with IS, High School Dxd etc. So I think the point OP and a few others are trying to make is since the manga rarely goes past the anime, what is the point of the manga?

Well, I feel like an idiot, thinking that one of my favorite anime series was going to be so short. Thanks for clarifying that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1