• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Alice in Borderland (Imawa no Kuni no Alice) (OAV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janitor Tzap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote

Alice in Borderland (OAV)

Genres: fantasy, mystery, thriller

Plot Summary: The story follows a group of three friends who suddenly awaken in a completely different alternate world. At first they think it's all a dream or a joke, but they soon realize that the only way to survive in this world is to participate and win deadly survival games.
----------------------------------

Basically uses the premise of people getting transported to this desolate town, where they are forced to partake in games to survive.
Those who don't, are killed outright. Though the games are tilted more so, that the players will die in the games.

The story revolves mostly around three guys and a gal.

Characters

Ryōhei Arisu : High School Student.

Daikichi Karube : High School Student.

Chōta Segawa : High School Student.

Saori Shibuki : Office Worker.

spoiler[The four end up working together to survive the first game in the first episode. After they figure out what the rules are in this Death Trap World. Ryōhei & Daikichi decide to take part in another game to keep their senses sharp, and to better prepare themselves for the games to come.]

This is kinda like Btooom! with the people getting transported to this desolate place. But the twisted games kinda reminds me of some of the games in Deadman Wonderland.

Signed: Janitor Tzap

{EDIT: added image and encyclopedia link; slightly changed title ~nbahn}
[EDIT: Cleaned up the paragraphing and added the Encyc. info directly. -TK]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Being even tangentially related to "Alice in X-Land", even in name only might have turned me off, but it's a nice little OVA with only an episode left to go. Not sure if they'll wrap up everything within another episode, but the way the premise was presented it could have definitely been suitable material for a season of episodes.

It's also not on the winter list because it's an OVA, and the first episode was from October.
Janitor Tzap

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Being even tangentially related to "Alice in X-Land", even in name only might have turned me off, but it's a nice little OVA with only an episode left to go. Not sure if they'll wrap up everything within another episode, but the way the premise was presented it could have definitely been suitable material for a season of episodes.
Yeah,
It could easily of gone into at least 12 episodes.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It's also not on the winter list because it's an OVA, and the first episode was from October.
Hmmm........

I came across this on another site.
So, I didn't look at the release dates of the episodes.

It seems a lot of the studios are doing OVA's now.
Sort of testing the waters first, before ramping up for a full broadcast television series.

Thou,
Some studios are putting out OVA's after a series has finished.
To see if there is still interest in the show, and decide whether
to come out with another season.Rolling Eyes

Signed: Janitor Tzap
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
To relate this to a series that is airing in the Winter season, I'd say it deserves a series over Death Parade. It's dynamic in the setting and in what potential games the characters will have to participate, and we have more than two new characters show up at a time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1