• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Battle Angel Alita

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Now that last order has ended any news on its sucessor?
Ensof

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:09 am Reply with quote
Here ya go:

Quote:
Manga creator Yukito Kishiro announced on his blog on Wednesday that he will start a new GUNNM manga series in the second half of 2014. The series is tentatively titled Kasei Senki (The Martian War Chronicles). He is also planning to publish an art collection book this year.

Source: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-02/new-battle-angel-alita/gunnm-manga-to-start-in-2014
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:09 am Reply with quote
What's the availability situation with the original Battle Angel Alita? I've always been interested in it, buts never fallen in my lap. I'd love a (legit) digital edition.
Blaine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
Like name of the next part, defiantly want the art book.

Never heard anything about a digital edition, i have always bought the physical manga.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
@Mr Adventure

Viz put out the first Battle Angle Alita series as flipped comics, as a nine volume flipped graphic novel series and as a nine volume unflipped graphic novel series. There should be copies available on the secondary market. Be aware that the two different graphic novel series separate the volumes at different locations so you can't mix and match.

In light of the change in publishers with the second series, it is not clear who, if anyone, in North America has the license. If you do find the series in print, it would probably be best not to wait for a legal digital version. It could be a long wait.

I've had all of the versions I listed, I still have the comics and second edition graphic novels.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Can Last Order be read without the original? Or is that ill advised?
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Can Last Order be read without the original? Or is that ill advised?

You could, but you'd probably be confused because Last Order takes place right after the original series... plus imho the original is better than Last Order
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:51 am Reply with quote
Martian war chronicles starts soon, i should get around to reading last order, I've ordered vols 17,18 and 19 to get it capped off.

I started reading it years ago but it was before I took some time off buying manga (big regret) so I was gonna re-start and when i got back to buying a lot of it had gone OOP so I started hunting it down without actually getting back to reading it and it just kinda went on from there. Its Gunnm though so having read the original all the way through Im happy to blind buy it despite the grief it gets over ZOTT. Lots of fans have basically stated its good but only guilty of not being as good as the original series.

hoping the martian war chronicles appease fans of the original better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1