• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll manga for everyone

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MangaNeko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember hearing any announcement from CR about this, but now EVERYONE can read the current weekly manga chapters. My manga app updated last night from CR and it seems now chapters ONE plus the current chapter are now available to people without the premium subscription, if I understand it correctly.

I have really been enjoyed the CR manga app and I would say it must be successful, if Kondasha is willing to allow some free viewing.
lys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
The newest simulpublished chapter was always available for free; it was the backlog that was limited to subscribers. Having the first chapter available to all is a nice gesture (at least it lets people sample from the beginning to find out if they'd be interested in reading, and therefor subscribing), but it only seems to count for series that have been simulpubbed from the beginning (like UQ Holder). Those that started on CR mid-series, with the backlog published later (like SoreMachi), still only have the latest chapter free.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1