• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Platinum Games Unveils Scalebound Game for Xbox One

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't look much like a Platinum game from that trailer, especially a Hideki Kamiya one. Hmmm
Cetais

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Platinum Games finally decided to make a game for the next-gen consoles.

Too bad it doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Dante broke out of DmC and into another game. Seriously, this looks to be one of Platinum's most uninspired outings yet. Fitting that it's on the Xbox One, then. They were on the right track with Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. Shame.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Looks like Dante broke out of DmC and into another game. Seriously, this looks to be one of Platinum's most uninspired outings yet. Fitting that it's on the Xbox One, then. They were on the right track with Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. Shame.
PRetty much this. I always upset with them for "selling out" on Bayonetta 2 by making that exclusive but this really shows it. Infinite Space is probably my favorite game in the past 5 years so it's a shame to see them go so blahgh
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Damn exclusives! I hope the ps4 press conference reveals something coolio
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
PRetty much this. I always upset with them for "selling out" on Bayonetta 2 by making that exclusive but this really shows it. Infinite Space is probably my favorite game in the past 5 years so it's a shame to see them go so blahgh

What are you talking about? Bayonetta 2 only exists because Nintendo funded it. Platinum didn't make it exclusive, Nintendo did, and rightfully so.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

How can Platinum sell out if they never had loyalty to begin with? They were never an exclusive studio and made games for all platforms over the years.

That being said, I do wonder if Microsoft is somehow to blame for why it looks so different from past Platinum projects. Perhaps Kamiya's traditionally over-the-top and colorful style went against the "mature gamer experience" Microsoft wants and they told him to make it more realistic?

-Stuart Smith
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
So will there be a customizable MC or are we forced to choose Dick Douchebag as our default?
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I hope Microsoft is paying them a mint. It seems weird to me that Platinum keeps making these exclusive deals when the two big hits they had were multiplatform (Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising). I mean they're a great company, but Pretty much every other game they made has bombed.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
I hope Microsoft is paying them a mint. It seems weird to me that Platinum keeps making these exclusive deals when the two big hits they had were multiplatform (Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising). I mean they're a great company, but Pretty much every other game they made has bombed.

Platinum does contract work. They get paid to make the game and not much else. I doubt loads of third party publishers are banging at their doors wanting to fund their next game. It's either work on projects for Nintendo/Microsoft or potentially have to lay people off.

I'm sure they'd love to make a Metal Gear Rising 2, but that's Konami's decision. As for a multi-platform Bayonetta sequel, that was the original plan for Bayonetta 2. Sega cancelled the game after one of their restructurings, but Nintendo offered to fund development until the end for Wii U exclusivity.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
A lot of salt here because this is Xbone no doubt.

I'm not sure what was mature or not over the top about a dude wearing beats headphones fighting dinosaurs on a dragon. It was pretty ridiculous.

I also don't know what Platinum games you guys have been playing, but it's not like what we say was beyond Anarchy Reigns, Vanquish, and Bayo. None of those games had extremely colorful visuals or animu character designs. They all kind of were in line with this cg trailer. All tread in a more fantasy realistic look then something that looks like anime.

Whatever, if this wasn't on the Xbone everyone would be over it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
kevinx59

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
The game looks like it'll be pretty badass but I can't stand the main guy's character design. For some reason his blonde/white hair looks really distracting.
Elder God Demonbane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand all the hatred here, this look pretty cool.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
iloveturkey wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
A lot of salt here because this is Xbone no doubt.

Presumably, this is because you're one of the ridiculous people who equates disliking something with disliking it due to the console, and criticizing anything with disliking it universally, and needs to write the latter off as "Xbone hating" because your fragile ego can't handle an actual dissenting opinion because you've ridiculously internalized your hobbies to make up for your lack of a personality. It's all pretty trite actually.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ha.

For one who's post boils down to "you're making generalizations" the irony of making a complete generalization on someone based on one line is completely humorous.

Do tell who you figured this out all about me because I accuse people who can't help mentioning Xbox and what MS did to this game of disliking it merely because it's on Xbox. IS this your first rodeo are have you just been blind to how gaming fanboys operate?

Fragile ego? Huh? How? I'm unsure of how my ego is fragile.

Quite honestly I want to tell you to just simply fudge off, but this whole thing is too funny. You attempt to figure out me( a complex human being) and make such a huge assumption that I don't even know how to respond to it. This is one of the dumbest and try hard posts I've ever read here. In you're attempt to use the most basic psychology you miss that your post underhands everything you just said. You also ignore the posts before yours and the content of mine. Why don't you read the one where the poster tries to imply "oh this is just because of ms". Or the one where they try to say since it's uninspired it should be on the xbox. Yes, no console fanboyism there and thus my comments came out of left field. Brilliant deduction there Frued.

Now I'm trying to figure out how I have no personality(which is a complete falesy) and how I internalized my hobbies to make up for that. Which is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read and I'm not sure where you got that.

I don't even own an xbox you idiot.

Though the real funny thing is essentially your post is that I care so much about Xbox(I don't) that I've forced it to be a part of me to make up for my personalty(seriously fudge off you asshole).

Yet my words offended you so much you had to make an account just to reply?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote
eh, not really tickling my interests. It doesn't help that it looks like Kamiya is trying to make another Dante...and seems to have badly failed at it, at least visually. Seriously, it looks like someone crossed Donte from DmC with Nero's color scheme. And when the first thing I think of is Donte, YOU HAVE FAILED AT CHARACTER DESIGN.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2