• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Matsuri at the Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
The Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth, Texas is hosting a Matsuri on June 21, from 1pm to 10pm. They're having the event in association with their current exhibition on Samurai armor.

The day will start with the procession of the Fort Worth Mikoshi, and there will be ongoing events throughout the day to showcase Japanese culture. They'll even be showing anime from 1:30 to 7:00. The stages will be on the lawns, if you want to sit while watching a performance you might consider bringing a blanket to sit on. Entrance to the Samurai Armor exhibition will be free all day, as is admission to the festival.

There will be food vendors on the grounds, though I don't know if there will be any Japanese festival food offered - this being Texas it may be too much to ask for, but you never know. Bringing your own food and drink is not allowed. There is plenty of parking in the area, though if you want to use one of the Kimbell's lots you should get there early - they can fill up quickly on events like this.

For more details:

www.kimbellart.org/special-events/matsuri-a-samurai-celebration
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1