• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lupin the IIIrd's Jigen Anime Film Previewed in 2nd Teaser

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhys2753

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
This looks to be pretty awesome, hopefully FUNimation will license it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Koike linked a trailer with more footage. Cool
jet_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
More footage (starts at 00:30)
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the links guys. I'm trying to think if there's anything I'm more excited about getting released in 2014.....nope!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
So wait, it's 51 minutes altogether, both parts combined? Yeesh. But still, more Lupin adventures in this style is appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
E-Master

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
After watching the 1 minute trailer, it's safe to say that Fujiko will be in this film after seeing the clip of her going on her motorcycle and Lupin groping her. And if Funimation does license this film it will be their first license on a theatrical Lupin III film in nearly a decade.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
penguin: It's not abnormal for an anime movie spin-offs to be that short in Japan.
E-Master

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
True, there's tons of theatrical anime films that aren't an hour long.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Rhys2753 wrote:
This looks to be pretty awesome, hopefully FUNimation will license it.

If they need another reason to license it (other than it'll probably be great and better than most recent anime) there's confirmed nudity.

@17 seconds there's a blink & you'll miss it Fujiko nip-slip...
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Jigen was my favorite character of the Lupin III franchise before Lupin III ~The Woman Called Fujiko Mine~, which did a great deal to elevate my interest in Fujiko. Jigen's still a boss though and this looks really cool, which is what I would expect of Takeshi KoikeI just hope that it's interesting and cool in more ways than how it looks. I don't expect it to mirror the thematic style of Lupin III ~The Woman Called Fujiko Mine~ exactly, but I would like for this budding parallel universe or whatever of the Lupin III series to have more than looks to give it legs. I wish it success, because I would love it if we could get something at least like this every few years and perhaps see Sayo Yamamoto return to the series. (Or hows about her mentor Shinichirō Watanabe direct some Lupin III? I mean, he kind of has, but it was called Cowboy Bebop and had spaceships and the dude had green hair.)

The moment when Lupin gropes Fujiko actually disappointed me, not really on grounds of offense, but because it felt like it didn't fit in and too adolescent.

FrameFreeze100 wrote:
If they need another reason to license it (other than it'll probably be great and better than most recent anime) there's confirmed nudity.

@17 seconds there's a blink & you'll miss it Fujiko nip-slip...

Well, that's really an enormous step down from the series, although its opening sequence alone rigs the game in its favor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

The moment when Lupin gropes Fujiko actually disappointed me, not really on grounds of offense, but because it felt like it didn't fit in and too adolescent.

Lupin was all grope-y in the Fujiko TV series, too, even while wearing a horse costume. At least in this case he's recovering from getting punched repeatedly in the face.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Frame: They said they'd license more Lupin anime if it was like Fujiko. We'll see how well they keep their word.

Surrender: Well, we got Shinichi Watanabe to direct a Lupin. Other than the crappy bad guy, I rather enjoyed his take.
E-Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
There were tons of moments in the past where Lupin tries to grab the good stuff on Fujiko and then either Fujiko retaliates by either slapping or kicking Lupin or something unexpected happens and interupts Lupin from even groping Fujiko. So it was no surprise to me to see Lupin grabing Fujiko's breasts in the trailer.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
When she said he could ride bitch, she didn't mean that!

GATSU wrote:
Surrender: Well, we got Shinichi Watanabe to direct a Lupin. Other than the crappy bad guy, I rather enjoyed his take.

Ugh, the Nabeshin one. That might be the worst Lupin TV special I've ever seen, aside from The Last Job. The main premise is they give Fujiko amnesia, and then they don't even do anything with it.
E-Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
When she said he could ride bitch, she didn't mean that!
But still a funny moment that will be offered in this film.

GATSU wrote:
Ugh, the Nabeshin one. That might be the worst Lupin TV special I've ever seen, aside from The Last Job. The main premise is they give Fujiko amnesia, and then they don't even do anything with it.
Last time I watched that one it doesn't hold up well, truely the weakest Lupin anime of the 90s. A real shame that the only Lupin anime that Nabeshin directed was a real doosy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1