• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Final Fantasy V: Four Job Fiesta

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
For those who don't know, the Four Job Fiesta is an annual event to raise money for Child's Play. From today until September 1st, everyone participating plays Final Fantasy V (on their preferred format), under specific rules. Those rules being, that you can only use 4 jobs (1 for each crystal), and that those jobs are picked for you, by Gilgabot, a twitter bot.

There's a variety of different further challenges you can impose on yourself, or you can "buy" (via donation) different classes, if you don't like what you get. Plus, a lot of people pledge to donate certain amounts based on how they do. The Fiesta also kicks off with "The Run", which is usually done by the Fiesta's organizer, but this year was done by 2 speedrunners racing. People donated to vote for what classes they'd have to use.

Last year, $7,474.60 was raised for Child's Play. So far this year, we've already got $6,496. Donating is completely optional, but I find just being a part of this global "game group" and knowing that the money is being raised is a great feeling.

Is anyone else participating? So far I just got my Wind job, which is White Mage, and I'm a bit worried over my squishiness until I can get to the Water Crystal.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, don't know about anyone else, but I'm participating in the Fiesta again (I didn't finish last year ^^;). This year introduces a new option: Chaos, where you can get ANY job from ANY Crystal... even ones that you don't have available yet! I got Time Mage (a Water Crystal job) for my Wind job, Geomancer (a Fire Crystal job) for my Water job, and a second Geomancer for my Fire job.

Also, we'd already raised over $7,500 before the Fiesta even started, and we're at $9,600 now!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1