• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Delays Ben-to Dub Release Until Further Notice

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
....well, Shit.
mrakai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
It's possible they got the TV masters instead of the "uncensored" Home Video masters.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh well. I already got it pre-ordered so it'll come when it's ready.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
mrakai wrote:
It's possible they got the TV masters instead of the "uncensored" Home Video masters.

Kinda like how Viz got it for Nura Blu-ray/DVD release. It wouldn't surprised me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
If it was an issue with the masters, it's better to delay and release the proper thing instead of potentially annoying customers.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
mrakai wrote:

Kinda like how Viz got it for Nura Blu-ray/DVD release. It wouldn't surprised me.

And how Funi got the TV version of Sankarea.

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed that they noticed it ahead of time. I probably would have kept the censored release of Ben-To had it got out like Sankarea. Hopefully this one won't take too long.

Speaking of which, has there been any updates on that one?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:11 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
mrakai wrote:

The only difference is that FUNimation is actually trying to fix the problem, whereas Viz pretty much said "Deal with it."
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
As far I know, there isn't any release update for the uncensored Sankarea or the still anticipated Eva 3.3

Apparently Madman said something about their being an issue with the English dub for 3.33, so it'll be interesting to hear some confirmation on if this is true or not. The movie weirdly sounded off when I watched it in theaters so it is a possibility that FUNi flubbed the master and only noticed it when it was airing in theaters.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
....well, Shit.

^^^

Well, I guess this gives me a bit more time to raise the funds to pre-order the limited edition I guess.
deaththekid666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
Well....shit happens, but I got it on pre order. I'll just find something else that I would've gone towards ben-to until it gets a release date.
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
mrakai wrote:

The only difference is that FUNimation is actually trying to fix the problem, whereas Viz pretty much said "Deal with it."

Yeah, Funimation has run into a few snags lately, but at least they're giving the effort to fix them.

Like others have said, I think as much blame falls on the Japanese licensors who are giving the TV broadcast version to foreign distributors for home video release. Maybe a little sham to prevent reverse importation?
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this will impact Madman's September release in Aus? Have no idea if they were planning on releasing it with the English dub.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
IZFSLE wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
mrakai wrote:

Yeah, Funimation has run into a few snags lately, but at least they're giving the effort to fix them.

Like others have said, I think as much blame falls on the Japanese licensors who are giving the TV broadcast version to foreign distributors for home video release. Maybe a little sham to prevent reverse importation?

That is not an excuse. I expect the English company to at least watch the show once, and know what they are putting out. Its called quality control.

Also regarding Sankrea, I thought the regular release was the fixed version, you know the one that comes with just the slipcover and on box. I assumed that one was fixed.
animehojo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:23 am Reply with quote
Until Further Notice yea we know what that means Razz anyone remember oh idk sankarea? funi still has yet to put it out and never says anything about it Evil or Very Mad so i sadly feel Ben to will end up that way
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quote
IZFSLE wrote:

Probably, though I have to wonder how much reverse-import damage they're fearing when Funi's original release date was ~2.5 years after the Japanese release, and there was no hint of any R1 release during the JP release's prime sales window. Extreme paranoia, I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4