• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ghost in the Shell ARISE: Borders 1 & 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silentjay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
lizardking461 wrote:
The first episode of Arise was one of the most disappointing viewing experiences of my life. There's a difference between "challenging storytelling" and "awful storyboarding" that the reviewer's predilections may be blinding them to...

Or yours.
Ghostless

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
The OVA format is a problem in itself, with just 4 of them there's limited screentime to develop properly each protagonist so the whole thing is gonna be centered around the major, hopefully we'll get to a glimpse of a bato-major ambigious relation in the third border which deals with love...

And yes ARISE is set in its own alternative universe like it's been said again & again.

Curious to see if ARISE pushes the GITS boundaries. You guys are too soon to judge.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I've seen all the releases of ARISE, its good on its own.
I do feel like some others, that it maybe dull in some parts.

Animation is good, its well written, but i don't really see it as movie quality OVA. I'm old GITS fan, so i wish for Manga style depth of writing, but its not for everyone.

I do wonder whats going to happen after ARISE is done, if its sales will result in other things coming out.
lizardking461

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
silentjay wrote:
lizardking461 wrote:
The first episode of Arise was one of the most disappointing viewing experiences of my life. There's a difference between "challenging storytelling" and "awful storyboarding" that the reviewer's predilections may be blinding them to...

Or yours.

Except that I've enjoyed every other Ghost in the Shell property set to screen, so that doesn't make any sense...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2