• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Terror in Resonance (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
They did not even have an actor with them.

What? Is that a Reagan reference or an auto-correct? Smile

To tell you the truth, I don't even get why the US got involved at all. They don't want Japan to nuke up, and the kids stealing the nuke and exposing it would have done the job for them. By the old creepy guy's account, the US tried to stop the program, and took in the sole survivor (that was still there). So they were the good guys in the Athena project part.

In the end they seemed motivated only by wanting the Japanese government to take the fall, but that would have happened if they hadn't intervened to stop the broadcast. I don't see what they gained from letting Five run wild in the first place, let alone for as long as they did.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
They did not even have an actor with them.

What? Is that a Reagan reference or an auto-correct? Smile

AMERICA, F YEAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPBX47zSktc
The hint was when I said "world police".

The US spoiler[wanted to catch the kids to find out everything they know about the bombs, they could not trust that it would not be covered up so they were a bit forceful to get information on the WMD]. But they acted to rashly, spoiler[Five being the best agent, I think given to them by Japan when it was deemed the experiment a failure, was far too violent as to her it was more about the game against Nine]. Because it spiralled out of control and thespoiler[ boys knew way too much about the mistakes the US made, they had to kill them to save face]. Maybe even of the fact that it became spoiler[partially the US's fault that pushed the boys to creating the EMP blast].

The movie I linked the trailer above to, Team America, is pretty much a parody on the US using excessive force, which is why I felt it was fitting to do a little pun.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Not enough of a hint. Smile We've benn yammering about being the world's policeman, pro or con, since WWII. But I've always thought the song was great.

Yeah, that's still not making sense when they didn't spoiler[kill them all, because they decided it didn't matter if it was exposed since the focus would be on the Japanese government. Which means they didn't have to kill anybody.] Gah, I don't know why I'm even still talking about this series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 25 of 25