• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aldnoah.Zero (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
See, CK? Ohoni agrees with me.

*raises arms in rhetorical triumph*

In any case, I agree this thread has gotten off-topic. So...

...that Slaine is pretty damn dreamy, amirite?
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:58 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Oh, the guy you were just slamming as a selfish poster who has no insight, interest or humor, and sucks life from all threads he posts in? Well, at least you have standards Shocked
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
This is probably the most off topic thread on the forum right now. We should change the title to "A couple guys try to one-up each other with snide remarks. Who will be victorious???"
Isn't that pretty much the plot of the show, though?
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
This is probably the most off topic thread on the forum right now. We should change the title to "A couple guys try to one-up each other with snide remarks. Who will be victorious???"
Isn't that pretty much the plot of the show, though?

Okay, this time you win. I tip my hat to you sir.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:13 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Oh, the guy you were just slamming as a selfish poster who has no insight, interest or humor, and sucks life from all threads he posts in? Well, at least you have standards Shocked

Slaine and I both agree that when somebody who has no reason to feel kindly towards you nonetheless agrees with one of your points, that is pretty impressive evidence of being 1,000% correct.

By the way, has anyone started the over-under for which episode Princess Fish Tank will wake up in?
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Slaine and I both agree that when somebody who has no reason to feel kindly towards you nonetheless agrees with one of your points, that is pretty impressive evidence of being 1,000% correct.

Not when you are claiming that person has bad judgment. If you are saying they have bad judgment and then proclaiming that they agree with you, that would seem to be a bit counterproductive, no?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:19 pm Reply with quote
9 out of 10 genocidal martians agree!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Not when you are claiming that person has bad judgment. If you are saying they have bad judgment and then proclaiming that they agree with you, that would seem to be a bit counterproductive, no?

I never said or implied that Ohoni suffered from an inability to discern a sound argument. And even if I did (which I didn't), I would interpret his post affirming my own as a positive sign that he was capable of improvement.

So I think Inaho is eventually going to miscalculate a situation that will lead to a very negative outcome for someone close to him and cause him to lose confidence in his abilities ... a long, dark night of his soul, if you will. Thoughts?
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

I never said or implied that Ohoni suffered from an inability to discern a sound argument. And even if I did (which I didn't), I would interpret his post affirming my own as a positive sign that he was capable of improvement.

in·sight noun \ˈin-ˌsīt\
: the ability to understand people and situations in a very clear way

: an understanding of the true nature of something

Full Definition of INSIGHT

: the power or act of seeing into a situation : penetration
: the act or result of apprehending the inner nature of things or of seeing intuitively

Examples of INSIGHT

He is a leader of great insight.
The author analyzes the problem with remarkable insight.
I had a sudden insight.
Her book provides us with fresh new insights into this behavior.
… I had a big insight and a little insight about the book. —Rust Hills, Esquire, April 1973

Cha-ching!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Again, all I ever said about Ohoni is that he didn't seem capable of generating his own insight. I never said he was incapable of recognizing the brilliant insights of others. However, as I already said, please feel free to interpret my noting of his support as my charming ability to recognize when people are changing for the better.

I notice none of your posts are actually related to A/Z, CK, in stark contrast to recent posts of my own. I think the current Martian Emperor is a big doodyhead whose infirmity makes him unfit to rule. Thoughts?
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Again, all I ever said about Ohoni is that he didn't seem capable of generating his own insight. I never said he was incapable of recognizing the brilliant insights of others. However, as I already said, please feel free to interpret my noting of his support as my charming ability to recognize when people are changing for the better.

I notice none of your posts are actually related to A/Z, CK, in stark contrast to recent posts of my own. I think the current Martian Emperor is a big doodyhead whose infirmity makes him unfit to rule. Thoughts?

Rofl. Blood- come on, this is going into parody now. He can't generate his own insight but he can only recognize your "brilliant" insight? That makes no sense. And I don't mind more discussion about AZ, but this whole "Blood- is 1000% right because the guy he claimed has no insight gave him the stamp of approval" thing to be kind of humorous. I think even you would objectively find it humorous if you weren't caught up in it.

But yes, the emperor is a doodyhead. I will agree.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
But yes, the emperor is a doodyhead. I will agree.

*raises arms in rhetorical triumph* Wink

Anyway, this is my last post in this thread until there is a new episode OR unless somebody raises a legitimate discussion point based on the show itself. Which ever comes first.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of missing the "who shot first" argument now Crying or Very sad
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I'm kind of missing the "who shot first" argument now Crying or Very sad

Ah, if only we could go back to those simpler and more innocent times. When kids knew the value of hard work, which was a shilling and tuppence for a twelve-hour shift in the mines. When there was no "organic" food, just food, and you were happy to get it. When men used their time productively, like writing indignant letters to the editor. And when arguments were at least directly related to the show that the discussion thread is based on, not merely squabbles about the definitions of various insults and whether said insults should - or should not be - applied to certain comments, which themselves are just accusations that people have not been following the thread closely enough!

For heaven's sakes people. Sort your crap out before Key steps in to rearrange your arsehole for you.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Did we just trade out one inane argument for another?

Do I need to step in? I've got my trusty whips, balls, and chains all packed up and ready to use. I'm certain I could sort you guys out into more well-mannered posters eventually. I know you're just begging for it. PM me for rates. I'm willing to negotiate.

(P.S. This is your slightly-subtle-but-not-so-subtle-right-now piece of sage advice to take this topic of convo to PMs if you really feel it needs to continue. Let's stick to Aldnoah.Zero for now. Have at it.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 83 of 90