• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aldnoah.Zero (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:31 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

Well 3 enemies was spoiler[too much for even Inaho]. Just getting spoiler[them out of there pretty much made their ship blind], but luckily they have a spoiler[back up navigation and radar hardware called Inaho]. Something worse is that it looks like the Earth army is spoiler[getting desperate or stupid and deciding to do all out combat to take back places].

Slaine feels spoiler[pressured to get rid of Lemrina as he has the real Asseylum back, this as Lemrina is starting to also fall apart and he realises what he is doing]. At the same time Inaho's spoiler[man, Mazuurek, sussed out the lies through talking to Lemrina and Eddelrittuo, real princess is about to make a real comeback].
TRNielson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
I really want to know what Slaine's plan is. spoiler[I know he says he had a slip of faith and that's why he started to back Lemrina. But now that Asseylum is awake, how can he honestly think he can continue the attack on Earth and Asseylum is gonna be okay with it? I think the instance she realizes what he's done, how he's escalated the war even further, it's gonna create an impossible rift between them that pushes him over the edge.]

On the other side of it, seeing Inaho struggle for once was interesting to see. spoiler[It's obvious that his magic eye is causing him some problems with the small moment we see him after he gets snuck up on. So it'll be interesting to see how he combats Slaine while also fighting with his super eye at the same time. And even though the eye doesn't make the soldier, you gotta think: if Inaho's new eye helped him as much as it has, why hasn't Earth gotten on the ball and started giving everyone a cool super eye?]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Would you pop out your own perfectly healthy eye in exchange for one with various calculating features and whatnot that also caused you chronic eye pain?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Would you pop out your own perfectly healthy eye in exchange for one with various calculating features and whatnot that also caused you chronic eye pain?

The only reason Inaho is feeling pain is because he's been overusing it. But if every solider had access to this information he does I doubt such a thing wouldn't be somewhat practical. It would be useful for interrogations, negotiations, warfare (obviously), calculating coordinates much more quickly for various scenarios and would make fodder military dudes much more useful. Not seeing any drawbacks there. Wink
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
No, but I haven't been on the losing side of a genocidal war for the past year and a half facing my imminent demise at magical technology, so... maybe then?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The only reason Inaho is feeling pain is because he's been overusing it.

Well, we don't know that. Overuse likely doesn't help, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was always associated pain. In either case it isn't likely something most people would take as elective surgery.

Really the better question is why they can't just have these things mounted to helmets and feeding into a Google Glass.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quote
So, Slaine had pupils during his moment of emotional crisis. As far as I can see the only reason for that flashback at all was to show us the circumstances under which they might resurface.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:07 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
The only reason Inaho is feeling pain is because he's been overusing it. But if every solider had access to this information he does I doubt such a thing wouldn't be somewhat practical. It would be useful for interrogations, negotiations, warfare (obviously), calculating coordinates much more quickly for various scenarios and would make fodder military dudes much more useful. Not seeing any drawbacks there. Wink

Seriously, Inaho should gouge out his other eye, lol. Or better yet, just go full cyborg.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

The spoiler[fight this week was better than the previous imo. Inaho needs to watch out for his eye ability since it's really putting a strain on him. I wonder if he may go blind with overuse?]

And this episode also shows that spoiler[real princess Asslyeum learning the truth regarding Slaine and his actions. I am disappointed at her resolve though. I was honestly expecting her to shoot him with the gun there for a moment (that scene also mirrors a bit of the end from season 1's OP song)]

Heh, a spoiler[new player shows up at the end.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Well played by spoiler[the princesses. Lemrina continues to surprise me by how not homicidal she is towards her sister. But now that Slaine can't use two very important pieces, how will his plans move forward?]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Clearly, Harklight is the next to spoiler[pretend to be the princess.]
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9 spoilers:

spoiler[I like how Lemrina and Asseylum tricked Slaine, but I didn't expect him to just straight up undermine Asseylum like that. Not even a sweat, extremely cool and calculated. Good callback to season 1 where Assyelum and Inaho were talking about war. Though, I still reckon Asseylum's trip to Earth could've opened up a channel of resources and trade between the two planets, had Saazbaum and co. not screwed things up.

Fight between the Martians and UEF was great stuff. I liked how the Martians came up with and mixed up their tactics to a degree.
]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:12 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

Now I find that Lemrina is actually spoiler[pretty cool]. The reason because she actually spoiler[realised that Slaine is a douchebag who does not only not care about her, but what anyone else wants, that even Asseylum who is also a part of his plan does not want it]. That Lemrina actually spoiler[let Asseylum pretend to be her was awesome].

Slaine might justifye what he is doing by spoiler[saying that he is protecting the princess and creating a world under her rule that will be kind]. But no one asked spoiler[him to change the human race, to destroy most of it for some nuts ideal, especially Asseylum].
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I was skeptical of Slaine's plans but spoiler[this episode proved me wrong despite my comments of last episode (Goddamn it, learn to analyze speeches better!). The whole time I thought that his plans for Mars was just to ensure the safety of the two princesses. It's good to know that he has bigger goals in mind but the way he approaches is something I disagree with. His road is a road of betrayal and destroys his relationship with those who trust him.]

On another note, I really enjoyed this week's battle. I particularly enjoyed spoiler[the group coming together to create strategies to battle the Martians and like how both sides adapted methods throughout the battle. While the show does show that this battle wasn't really one-sided, it sure feels that way when Inaho takes over but that might be an issue of me dismissing the deaths of the generic soldiers.]
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
This would have been... an average episode for this series, stuff happens, a decent enough fight (even though it seemed to be the Inaho GOD EYE at its limits) and then to throw in a wild ball we got a stinger with a supposedly plot important character.

spoiler[First Lem is introduced and now apparently it is time for Cruhteo Jr., the issue is that it is relatively late in the game if this character is going to actually make some sort of difference in place of acting as a stereotype as say "mr duelist count" who I didn't bother remembering his name because his mech was pretty much the Sazabi and that is the only thing notable about the guy besides being a bigot against Slaine.
Is Cruhteo Jr going to one up the entire cast in improbability of changing the course of the war or is he just going to be a splat on someones kill list before the season is up? find out next time on aldnoah ZERO!]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 88 of 90