• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Incredible Geniuses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Is there anything Naoki isn't good at? I mean, besides being nice?

bigcathead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
While not actually human per se, Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya definitely deserves a place on the list.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Maybe some these are not qualified because their anime is too new but...

What about Tensai from Nanana's Buried Treasure? It seems there is nothing she can't figure out if the evidence is there.

Or perhaps Blank -- Sora and Shino from No Game No Life? Their abilities aren't hidden from the audience like so many anime geniuses are.

Then there is Keima from The World God Only Knows. Unlike some he is not an invincible genius, but he manages to get perfect scores at school even though he plays video games nonstop while doing it.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote
Well,I don't disagree with a whole lot on this list. In fact,it could have used those like Jim Hawking and others like them. What I'm amazed about is that a lot of the geniuses on this list know English. They'd do really well in this country.
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:40 am Reply with quote
Doesn't almost every manga have a genius? I first thought of all the ones in CLAMP series to be honest, the kid in Chobits, the crazy guy in Angelic Layer. Akagi is definitely special though.

But I came here to mention my current favorite publisher, SuBLime. Love their releases and really appreciate them bringing back series like Crimson Spell.

CMX used to be my favorite. I would buy manga just on their brand, I trusted their quality so much.

Now I'm reading digital on various legal sites like CR and Comic Walker. I rarely buy physical copies, except for a couple of longer running series I'm still reading like Natsume and Yotsuba&!.
SenseiZorro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:00 am Reply with quote
am I the only one who missed Lelouch from Code geass in this List?????
i think he is 100% smarter then light lol
ryonomiko
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with all 7 geniuses listed, but I'd have to have Dr. Oliver Davis aka Shibuya Kazuya aka Naru (Ghost Hunt) on mine.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:39 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Then there is Keima from The World God Only Knows. Unlike some he is not an invincible genius, but he manages to get perfect scores at school even though he plays video games nonstop while doing it.

He's living the dream!

Ali07 wrote:
On the poll, I went with Kodansha.

Only quoting myself due to what arrived this week...further establishing Kodansha (on Sankarea, volume 1 isn't there as the seller didn't get it in time to send it with my newest order):

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4