• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Glasslip (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really seeing what's so dislikable about Touko. She's understandably at a loss for how to deal with the situation, but in the end spoiler[she gives Yuki a proper answer.]

But holy crap, some people should just not be allowed to drive.

Also, top tier imouto get~
Galap

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I don't see what's so bad either. She didn't react the best the first time, but she later took him aside and dealt with it. And she talked to Yana about the whole thing. She's doing pretty well for herself there.

And I think the bad driver sister is really funny. I've known a couple of people like that: they're fine people in every other way, but they're terrible at driving. You get out of the car and just want to kiss the freaking ground Laughing .
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Were their vehicles scratched up to holy hell like hers is? Laughing

Oh, and all those still shots. Everytime the show does that I can't help but go "Stop doing that!"
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
LOL I didn't notice her car being scratched. Went back and looked at it. That's great!

As for the bad driver friends, the one guy who's foremost in my mind right now didn't really have any scratches. He did get pulled over by the cops for pulling like a 4g turn and squealing his wheels like hell. I only heard about that second hand. Actually, the only time I can remember where that car would have gotten damaged (but even then it wasn't) was when Ghost_Wheel (who's not the bad driver/owner) backed it into a parked car Laughing!

Last edited by Galap on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
This episode kinda bored me, to be honest. I barely know these characters, so theIr relationship hexagon doesn't feel like it has high stakes. I am intrigued by "David" but the future seeing thing doesn't have much weight, either spoiler[Touko only seems to see things that have little import. If she had seen a car wreck or a wedding, that might have been interesting, but she saw her frequently sick friend in the hospital-how is that a big revelation?]
Some things I do like:
*Touko was able to express herself well to Yuki,
*Touko has an awesome family, especially her fun parents
*the mystery around David
*the show has a gentle but decent sense of humor
*The pretty glass products in the workshop

Some things I don't:
*Dat love hexagon
*secrect lesbian has crush on bff trope
*still frames
*slow pacing
*not enough of a plot hook

Not sure if I'll keep watching this.
Ghost_Wheel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
Well I guess I went a couple of years without having that get brought up haha...

Anyway, what got me the most about this episode was when Touka was talking about Yuki and she said that she spoiler[didn't feel that "romance sense"]

I found this to be a pretty realistic sentiment because I see it a lot in my life, the sense that a deep friendship attraction and level of respect coupled with a strong degree of sexual attraction isn't enough to want to start dating someone, that there's an unexplained extra factor that apparently also contains a dealbreaker.

I never really got that sentiment. For me it's like a lurking variable: there is something causing me to want to hang around you all the time as a close friend and that same thing is the emotional foundation for a budding attraction.

But clearly from my experience a lot of other people can relate more to Touka and it's nice to see this kind of reaction executed perfectly. As these people age they start to understand that there's something they want in a partner that they don't want in a friend but they haven't really smoothed out the definition yet. And it produces confession situations exactly like this in the optimal case.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:15 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
This episode kinda bored me, to be honest. I barely know these characters, so theIr relationship hexagon doesn't feel like it has high stakes.

Pretty much my issue as well. If i had my way all romanced based anime would be 2 cour by default. Because they simply haven't built up the characters enough for me to be heartbroken by whatever comes after their confessions to each other. It's pretty much comparable to how you would react if you heard about some random person you didn't know die on T.V compared to you hearing about a family member dying. Obviously the latter is going to effect you more.

So with one cour I'm afraid they are going to rush these relationship developments. Which is why i have a feeling the "seeing into the future" hack is going to be used in a cheap way later on but we'll have to see.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I was really glad to see Touko and Yana have their talk. I think a lot of the time something like what happened in the previous episode would be used to drive an unecessary wedge between two friends, but thankfully that didn't happen here.

The scenes with Hiro and Sachi were cute. I was kind of hoping to see spoiler[him succeed in confessing to her, even though it would almost definitely only end in heartbreak for him.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Tbh, the latest episode felt both slow and fast for me. I'm also not sure if I'll like Touko at this point. I really hope we find out more about these characters beyond just the relationship level but this show has been an oddball for me now. Hope it improves soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
I predict incoming misunderstandings.

Still not sure how I feel about Touko in the latest episode. Good to see the chickens and drawing back though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
Yeah, whole lot of nothing going on in this episode.

Well, so far the show's been pretty good at having characters talk things out, so hopefully they won't dwell on that particular misunderstanding for long.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
The awkwardness in this episode. I could taste it. Also you would expect a guy going on a "date" with his crush wouldn't actually fall asleep in the movie, no matter how boring it was. He should have been too nervous to sleep.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The awkwardness in this episode. I could taste it. Also you would expect a guy going on a "date" with his crush wouldn't actually fall asleep in the movie, no matter how boring it was. He should have been too nervous to sleep.

That was my thought, too! I was like "Really, Hiro? Really?"

It's weird, there seemed to be both a lot and not much happening in this episode simultaneously. There were a lot of little things going on, but they were just that, little things. I rather liked it though.

What happened at the end, I actually thought it would be the opposite. In other words, I thought that spoiler[Yanagi would come across Touko and Yuki in some sort of awkward position, rather than Touko coming across Yanagi and Kakeru.] Hopefully there is no silly misunderstanding borne of this.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
He should have been too nervous to sleep.

I imagine that was the case the night before, which would make it even more difficult to stay awake in the movie.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The awkwardness in this episode. I could taste it.

I asked for love polygons and it delivered.

WTF is up with a dad telling stories of flirtations with other women to his wife and daughters? Is he seriously clueless or is he deliberately trying to get a rise out of them?

Girl: The crutch goes on the side with the injured leg.

As I wrote before I like artwork in this anime but for some reason in this episode I detect a lot of sloppiness/laziness/cheapness as far as characters are concerned. The girls are all spindly and ill proportioned and it changes from scene to scene. Is it just me seeing that?

Overall I'll keep watching. This is a nice break from all the gore and action and violence of the season.

Last edited by HaruhiToy on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10