• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Glasslip (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I imagine that was the case the night before, which would make it even more difficult to stay awake in the movie.

Maybe. Usually when I am too nervous to sleep properly, I still feel nervous throughout the day until the source of the nervousness is over.

HaruhiToy wrote:
The girls are all spindly and ill proportioned and it changes from scene to scene. Is it just me seeing that?

No I also noticed it this episode. The legs seem too long at times. Like in the scene with Touka apologizing to Yanagi.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
I'm still not sure what to make of this show. The love shapes are boring, the use of an otherwise awesome magical realism power is dull, the plot is kind of nonexistent, and the forced drama spoiler[Touko accidently seeing Kakeru and Yanagi in a compromising position *right after* she "realizes" that she likes him ("I must like him because Yuki told me I like him!")] is incredibly dumb.

The most interesting part of this episode to me was spoiler[Kakeru's conversation with his father. It hints at some family intrigue and gives us just a glimpse of what might be going on in loner mystery boy's head]
I still like Touko's parents, but her father's anecdote this ep was a bit creepy. Also, were they working in the glass blowing workshop without safety gloves or goggles?! When Touko was told to pay more attention, I thought, "yeah, because you can burn your fingers off!"
Funniest moment: spoiler[Hiro, I like you and I wanna root for you (even though it might be futile), but when you finally take the girl you like on a date, you can't fall asleep during the movie! I mean, you had a date plan and everything (which was so cute!)]

One more thing; I can't believe they've gone this long without clarifying the relationship between Yanagi and Yuki. If I hadn't seen someone post that they were spoiler[step-siblings] based on Wikipedia, I'd be really confused. Get yourself together and tell the audience what's important, show!
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
I hope this doesn't turn into one of those shows where people don't ask questions and assume the worst about situations that are simple misunderstandings.......crap i just jinxed it didn't I? Laughing
ThadicalSpry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:41 am Reply with quote
Typical of PA works...This anime is like triangle within triangle-wait no... its a love polygon. So it's basically like Nagi no Asukara, a love polygon. God dammit PA Works Evil or Very Mad
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
Your anger is misaimed in the case of Nagi, since that was based on a manga so PA Works had nothing to do with the story.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
And what's so bad about love polygons anyway? At least the kids get something to occupy their time with.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
I find it's often the case that the girl I like the most best girl always loses in such situations and is left with nothing but suffering. That can be pretty rage inducing.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
best girl always loses in such situations and is left with nothing but suffering.

Not "nothing but." They also end up more mature, just like IRL.

Not being fulfilled by your deep crush is a usual experience. Sure as hell was for me multiple times. If experiencing it by proxy in an anime manages to soften the blow for some other kid that has yet to go through that I count that as a good thing.

As someone further along in life I am hoping to see some unique and more interesting way of dealing with it. I'm not too hopeful but does happen now and then.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
[Not "nothing but." They also end up more mature, just like IRL.

Very few titles actually show the girls who didn't win move on.

Anyways, I was just explaining why love polygons could be bad for some people.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
The love drama is an oddball for me in this show. I wonder what David will do next.

I hope Touka's character develops a bit more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
Eppy 5

Stylistically, the show is feeling very White Album to me.

I do appreciate David doing what everyone always complains about ("Just explain what happened") and spoiler[being told to shut up already.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Yanagi: "You guys should spoiler[get some release too] or it will hurt your performance."

Now that was just naughty.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Actually, to be absolutely specific, it's a love hexagon. Or sexagon. Except without the sex.

I'm so glad I got a plasma TV. Now that I can stream CR shows at a 1080p through it, it's like somebody is making sweet, sweet love to my eyeballs. Watching this show like that is heaven.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Sitting and reading books together...that's actually the kind of date I'd enjoy. Very Happy

Hmm, I have a feeling that spoiler[Sachi's trip to the hospital will turn into something more than "just tests".]

I continue to be pleased with how the characters actually talk to each other about things, and in this episode I particularly liked spoiler[Yanagi's love confession to Yukinari.] It is definitely going to make things more awkward for them, though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't get it, what does being correct about the date of an uprising have to do with difficulties of being a student?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10